The Daily Mail's agenda against Jack Whitehall

Anybody else getting sick to death of this witch hunt the Mail (or should I say, Fail) have started over Whitehall's appearance on the Big Fat Quiz of the Year?

They must have produced about 6 or 7 articles in the last 4 days about it.

I feel sorry for the guy. I watched the quiz and honestly couldn't see anything that he or any of the other contestants said that was offensive. Granted, a few things were close to the bone, but the Mail just seems to be targeting Whitehall.

Today they've lashed out against his personal life, with remarks to his 'privileged' upbringing. The guy was privately educated and also auditioned for Harry Potter. So bloody what? I don't see what it has to do with his appearance on Big Fat Quiz...

Fortunately, the general consensus amongst most papers and other people is that Whitehall isn't in the wrong and the Mail is just trying to make something out of nothing. Here's hoping it will all blow over, because he is a funny bloke. Love him in Fresh Meat.

By the way, I'm not the sort to write complaints, but is there anywhere I can make a formal complaint about the Daily Mail? There is no clear link on their site.

he,s about as funny as somebody who,s not funny....ironic that the complaint is that the daily mail has lashed out against his personal life...isnt that what this extremely untalented moron did to susan boyle and a few others...and didnt he give out an innocent mans phone number and tell everybody it was wossies...resulting in the bloke getting no end of abusive clalls

Just watched the programme on tv last night.

I didn't think it was that funny and what they said wasn't all that offensive when put in to context.

I don't think he will be all that bothered anyway, look at the scandal over jimmy carrs tax scandal. It doesn't seem to have done him any harm.

Some might ask 'anyone else getting sick to death of the witch hunt against the Daily Mail?'

It's all a question of personal taste in the end. I don't happen to like the kind of 'comedy' that seems to prevail these days, so I never watch their kind of show.

Oh for the days of the likes of the two Ronnies, Morecambe and Wise etc. They knew how to entertain without resorting to filthy language and insulting jokes against sometimes vulnerable people.

Archived