Valentine's Day

Spot on. Valentine's Day is a complete racket. I don't buy my wife a card, I tell her I love her every day anyway.

Anyway, Valentine's Day is a special, romantic day for singles to anonymously send and receive cards, not for couples who already know only-too-well (and pretend to forget) each other's farting, belching, snoring and god-knows-what-else habits over a dim candle or two, a carafe of Frascati and a bowl of pasta and sickly-sweet meaty stuff in some tiny Italian restaurant with a chequered tablecloth and a smarmy waiter with an oversize peppergrinder.

Yuk!

I was thinking of sending a card, anonymously, to this guy I really like

But I think I might be too old for all that now

And in any case, if you send anonymous cards you then have to go to the trouble of asking them if they have had a card etc, so that you can help them to guess it was you

It is all too much trouble

Perhaps I will just get a t-shirt with "I think (name) is fab" and walk past his house or his office?

I don't really do Valentines day as it was my wedding anniversary. My ex husband had decided it was a good idea to secretly book our wedding for that day all those years ago. Why? I wasn't impressed, especially as i didn't know till 3 days before.

I don't get why people get married on one of thems birthday or Xmas/new year/ valentines, you need a reason to celebrate at a different time.

Archived