More job cuts Sheffield Council 2013/2014

I agree. But it does not change my opinion that they are far too overstaffed and badly managed - have been for years.

The whole organisations needs to huge trim down in ALL areas.

Agreed. There are far too many layers of middle management pen pushers on cushy salary`s and even cushier pensions. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians springs to mind here.

In addition central government is responsible for the nearly every good news story in Sheffield.

£2bn for the roads PFI

City Deal worth up to £500 million

£18m extra for schools via the pupil premium

£10m for new Sheffield University Technical College

Electrification of the midland mainline & high speed rail secured.

Instead of working hard to secure investment in our city, Labour are wasting their time scaremongering in the press.

Do you really not understand how stupid your second remark is coming on the heels of the first? How on earth do you think the investment was secured? Do you think central government did it all on their own?

The stupidity of some people knows no bounds. :loopy:

They always seem to have enough money to hire consultants on a regular basis to "Advise", so they cant be that skint.

I'm mildly curious about the outside consultants as I'd be interested to see a list of said consultants, what they did and how much they were paid.

victimisation you say try the wasteful spending of our labour council who will get kicked out soon

They will not get kicked out. You have , (like other people on here) succumbed to the tory boy propaganda machine. Why do you think that putting people out of work in a recession is a good move anyhow?

---------- Post added 06-01-2013 at 23:48 ----------

The link was nearly 2 months ago, have you been in a coma?

No. I have been on holiday to Barbados.:)

---------- Post added 06-01-2013 at 23:49 ----------

The link was nearly 2 months ago, have you been in a coma?

No. I have been on holiday to Barbados.:)

I'm mildly curious about the outside consultants as I'd be interested to see a list of said consultants, what they did and how much they were paid.

In the main, they relieve the council of the expense of retaining highly skilled people, just in case they need them. Just like most private companies.