More job cuts Sheffield Council 2013/2014

so the overspending of the previous goverment didnt contribute to the downfall then and the debt denial again

Or the over-indulgence of the banking sector. Or the hideous way that the super rich protect their own...

Do grow up and recognise the scale of what has befallen us. Try to understand why.

You might want to cast a historical eye backwards too... possibly to the mid-eighties.

But the whole of Europe and America went into recession....was that Gordon Brown too?:confused:

---------- Post added 07-01-2013 at 22:24 ----------

NOPE...it was the tory boy bankers!!!

Would that include Andrew Balls?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2138685/Balls-younger-brother-shares-57m-pay-bonanza-Labour-leads-charge-fat-cat-pay.html

Balls' younger brother shares in £57m pay bonanza as Labour leads charge against fat cat pay

Andrew Balls, the younger brother of Ed Balls, has shared in a £57million payout

The younger brother of shadow chancellor Ed Balls has shared in a £57million payout as a director at the world's biggest bond dealer.

Would that include Andrew Balls?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2138685/Balls-younger-brother-shares-57m-pay-bonanza-Labour-leads-charge-fat-cat-pay.html

Balls' younger brother shares in £57m pay bonanza as Labour leads charge against fat cat pay

Andrew Balls, the younger brother of Ed Balls, has shared in a £57million payout

The younger brother of shadow chancellor Ed Balls has shared in a £57million payout as a director at the world's biggest bond dealer.

Yes, but you are forgetting that they are "All in it together".:rolleyes:

Why is Clegg such a traitor to Sheffield. No wonder people even hate him as much as they hated Thatcher and Cameron.

:huh: I don't hate Nick Clegg, such a sweeping statement. I worked for the council, and I can tell you the place is over run with people doing non-jobs and getting decent salaries for it too. The talk of massive job loses is also fiction. only approx 20 people were made compulsory redundant in the last sweep, the rest like me took voluntary redundancy. I had one year to go so jumped when the offer was on the table. This labour council is run by idiots and controlled by the unions who should fund their own salaries not be paid for by the tax payer:rant:

Edited by sunbird

:huh: I don't hate Nick Clegg, such a sweeping statement. I worked for the council, and I can tell you the place is over run with people doing non-jobs and getting decent salaries for it too. The talk of massive job loses is also fiction. only approx 20 people were made compulsory redundant in the last sweep, the rest like me took voluntary redundancy. I had one year to go so jumped when the offer was on the table. This labour council is run by idiots and controlled by the unions who should fund their own salaries not be paid for by the tax payer:rant:

Would that be the Unions who negotiated for no compulsory redundancies ensuring you were given the chance to take voluntary redundancy at a better rate.:rolleyes:

...is there any reduction in the number of councillors.just wondering.

No.

You do have to wonder why each ward needs 3 Councillors though, wouldn't just 1 be an easy change to make?

66% saving in direct costs, and only 1 election to pay for every 4 years instead of 3.

Just a thought.