Learning to Ride Motorcycle?

Hi I am thinking about learning to ride a motorcycle I am just wondering how long does it take (Roughly) to learn? And what is involved when learning to ride? I am only looking to ride a 50cc Bike!

Thanks Jack.

I learned to ride on a BSA Bantam. Long time ago of course. It was a question of becoming familiar with the hand clutch, the speed throttle, the foot operated gear shift and the hand and foot brakes.

The bike belonged to my cousin and I learned on a stretch of quiet country road. After a few stalls and taking it easy at a speed of no more than 20 MPH I was able to handle the machine pretty well after about 2 hours

I learned to ride on a BSA Bantam. Long time ago of course. It was a question of becoming familiar with the hand clutch, the speed throttle, the foot operated gear shift and the hand and foot brakes.

The bike belonged to my cousin and I learned on a stretch of quiet country road. After a few stalls and taking it easy at a speed of no more than 20 MPH I was able to handle the machine pretty well after about 2 hours

Wow thanks interesting story!

Hi I am thinking about learning to ride a motorcycle I am just wondering how long does it take (Roughly) to learn? And what is involved when learning to ride? I am only looking to ride a 50cc Bike!

Thanks Jack.

If you only want to ride a 50,you only need to do a cbt, which takes a day and costs about 100 quid. Google mjw motorcycle training and get in touch with them, they'll put you right.

If you only want to ride a 50,you only need to do a cbt, which takes a day and costs about 100 quid. Google mjw motorcycle training and get in touch with them, they'll put you right.

Omg thank you! I will look into that What sort of things do you do in the day?

There`s quite a bit of info online. Here`s a Sheffield place that may be of interest to you.

http://bikesafe-sheffield.co.uk/

I wouldnt touch bikesafe with a barge pole personally, but thats just personal opinion.

---------- Post added 06-01-2013 at 22:46 ----------

Omg thank you! I will look into that What sort of things do you do in the day?

First part of the day is spent on a training ground getting familiar with the bikes controls, riding around cones, getting the hang of low speed control, practicing emergency stops and u turns etc. Then a bit of a talk on road safety and the highway code, then an afternoon on the road with an instructor, wearing an earpiece so you can hear instructions from him.And after that, providing you rode to a safe standard, you get your certificate.

You will need a driving licence, provisional will do.

I learned to ride on a BSA Bantam. Long time ago of course.

I learned to ride on my mates Norton Jubilee (250cc) then bought a Triumph Tiger Cub (200cc),also a long (very long) time ago.Go for it you will enjoy every minute once you are confident,the motorcycling fraternity are very helpful,just watch out for car drivers who think they own all the roads!:thumbsup:..PS..46 years later i now ride a 1500cc 6 cylinder Goldwing..love every minute :D:D:D

I learned to ride on my mates Norton Jubilee (250cc) then bought a Triumph Tiger Cub (200cc),also a long (very long) time ago.Go for it you will enjoy every minute once you are confident,the motorcycling fraternity are very helpful,just watch out for car drivers who think they own all the roads!:thumbsup:..PS..46 years later i now ride a 1500cc 6 cylinder Goldwing..love every minute :D:D:D

I had a pal who owned a Tiger Cub. Do you remember the Fanny Barnetts?

The first bike I owned was a 197 CC Barnett. I ended up with a Norton Dominator.... very fast bike for it's day. I even managed to outrun a copper on a Triumph late one night who wanted to stop me for speeding. Luckily I imagine he never got my licence plate number because i never heard anything more on the incident.

I dont ride much these days due to the missus who thinks I'm getting past it.

She got that into her head after I was knocked off the bike by a young woman too busy talking on her cell phone. I cant seem to convince her it was not my fault

My son and I restored a 69 Dodge Charger a few years back so when the need for speed occurs we take that little toy out to a quiet road in the desert and let her rip

Archived