Oldest building in grimesthorpe

yatesace

can anyone tell me which is the oldest building in grimesthorpe i have two candidates for the title of oldest building the farm house at the top of upwell lane and the sheffield arms not the front of the pub but the back of the building i was told it wass once cottage any other ideas

It's a shame some people can't spell and have to spend time decrying any post or thread which links to Grimesthorpe.

And its also a shame some have nothing better to do than up on a slight spelling error even though i'm 90% blind and can't see what ive wrote, also the mark of any Yorkshire MAN is a wry if not warped sense of Humor since you have none can only conclude you are just from out of town

Probably not the oldest but the Hallcar Tavern opened about 1845 ,and is I believe technically in Grimesthorpe being east of Carwood Rd and in the St Thomas parish. I have a special interest in this as I had to pass it (rarely) to get to the bus stop. Also my Grand ma was landlady there in 1942-44.

It's a shame some people can't spell and have to spend time decrying any post or thread which links to Grimesthorpe.

Just when you think it's safe to go back in the water,it rears it's ugly sarcastic head cbb.

Archived