Land tax is required to save society from collapse!

So the assumption is land owners will off load unused land simply because it's taxed.

Maybe they'll pay the tax, and pass on the costs when the land is used for housing, by charging higher rent, or selling the land at a higher price to cover the tax they've had to pay out.

i am allowing a nice young couple to live in a suburban estate in a house they could never afford to get a mortage on.

tell me how I am destroying society as well. the couple get to live somewhere they want to live at around half the monthly outgoing of taking on a mortage (even if they could get one with their financial history)

Your rents are above what they would be naturally if men were free to build.

Moneys which could be otherwise invested into productive endeavor are thus swallowed up by parasitical rentiership.

Business cannot be started, because the rent unto the private landonwers must be paid. And society as a whole is poorer (although the landlords are relatively richer).

For you see, if men were free to build, the cost of housing would fall to the cost of building...

Your rents are above what they would be naturally if men were free to build.

Moneys which could be otherwise invested into productive endeavor are thus swallowed up by parasitical rentiership.

Business cannot be started, because the rent unto the private landonwers must be paid. And society as a whole is poorer (although the landlords are relatively richer).

For you see, if men were free to build, the cost of housing would fall to the cost of building...

But most men do not want to build...

i am allowing a nice young couple to live in a suburban estate in a house they could never afford to get a mortage on.

tell me how I am destroying society as well. the couple get to live somewhere they want to live at around half the monthly outgoing of taking on a mortage (even if they could get one with their financial history)

My mortgage is currently approximately 30% of the rental value of my home.

Then again, I am a middle aged, land owning, lucky git.

I wouldn't want to be trying to buy my first property now.

So the assumption is land owners will off load unused land simply because it's taxed.
Yes.

Maybe they'll pay the tax, and pass on the costs when the land is used for housing, by charging higher rent, or selling the land at a higher price to cover the tax they've had to pay out.

Let's see them try as their subsidies are removed, and land collapses in value!

We can reform the land subsidies at the same time. And agricultural subsidies can be based upon production, rather than mere land ownership! People have closed farms as they can make more claiming subsidy! They have been trading these subsidies as financial products with guaranteed rates of return for crying out loud.

Let's have food mountains again instead of food poverty. Let's have housing instead of chuffin homelessness. Prosperity instead of unemployment, underemployment and economic crisis.

People shouldn't be trying to make money out of renting stuff out that already exists for crying out loud. They should be creating new products and better services.

---------- Post added 06-01-2013 at 23:15 ----------

so Chem1st.

tell me where this young couple would find around £100,000 to finance building their own place.

i am interested to know you imagine people look for money. is it behind the sofa?

£100k.

Are you on crack dog?

so Chem1st.

tell me where this young couple would find around £100,000 to finance building their own place.

i am interested to know you imagine people look for money. is it behind the sofa?

What if land prices halved. Would they have a better chance?

do you honestly think you can build a house for less than £100k?

if so you really are the fool i beleive you to be.

---------- Post added 06-01-2013 at 23:18 ----------

What if land prices halved. Would they have a better chance?

would bricks be any cheaper?

how about timber?

tiles

the cost of a plumber

plasterer

roofer?

sparky?

do they all drop their wages as well

But most men do not want to build...

Bloody good thing too. Because with a workforce of 30 million, we could quite easily produce some 60 million housing units per year.

But there are some half a million who could, and we could build to decent standards. And in 5-10 years build a few million homes, of high standard.

We don't need everybody building. We need just a small proportion of the labour force to build decent housing for all. Same for food production, leccy, clean water etc.

do you honestly think you can build a house for less than £100k?

if so you really are the fool i beleive you to be.

I can't imagine that the bricks, pipes and wires required to build a house would come to over 100k. What keeps the cost so high?

Archived