Land tax is required to save society from collapse!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/dec/30/green-belt-housing-gamble

Only a land tax can save us. It's like we're playing monopoly and the winner is declared, whilst more and more people are joining the game, unable to access land for either shelter or productive business.

We have a society being divided into a small class of rentier parasites and a large group of serfs/slaves whom the former live off of.

If we don't start taxing land, and discouraging the down right dangerous, and pointless speculation upon land at the expense of everyone else in our societies, then our societies will soon fall.

A man alive today in this country should be able to access land for housing and business. He must be free to create housing and business.

A child born today should be able to access land for housing and business when it comes of age.

And any individual born in the future, or one whom comes here, should have the same chances.

If they do not, then society will soon turn to violence and society as we know it shall end violently.

I take my hat off to you sir, you're very passionate about this subject even though you seem to get a lot of hassle on here for it, I dont pretend to fully understand everything about this issue but I reckon you're not too far off the mark, so you soldier on. :thumbsup:

If you were to build property for rent it might be different. Repairing some properties might be productive in many respects, but when the majority of your business is based upon restricting access to and profiting from land, then you do nothing society.

This is the kind of place buy to let should be allowed to invest in, but competing with first time buyers for the only affordable houses should be banned.

Britain's ghost town: No cars and rows and rows of boarded-up terraced houses - can £10m bring dying Accrington community back to life?

Rows of terraced houses stand empty in Accrington, Lancashire, despite the UK's well-documented 'housing crisis'

Lancashire has the highest proportion of vacant homes, neighbouring Blackburn has 3,000 empty dwellings

There are thought to be some 850,000 empty homes nationwide

The Woodnook area of Accrington is to undergo a revamp that will see 200 of these homes given a new lease of life

---------- Post added 07-01-2013 at 07:48 ----------

i am allowing a nice young couple to live in a suburban estate in a house they could never afford to get a mortage on.

tell me how I am destroying society as well. the couple get to live somewhere they want to live at around half the monthly outgoing of taking on a mortage (even if they could get one with their financial history)

i am also contributing to business as well by allowing them to conduct a business from my premise.

Chem1st

do you work? have a job? contribute?

Buy to let was the primary reason for the UK housing bubble which made the house unaffordable for the young couple; without buy to let it would be affordable.

---------- Post added 07-01-2013 at 07:52 ----------

do you honestly think you can build a house for less than £100k?

if so you really are the fool i beleive you to be.

---------- Post added 06-01-2013 at 23:18 ----------

would bricks be any cheaper?

how about timber?

tiles

the cost of a plumber

plasterer

roofer?

sparky?

do they all drop their wages as well

Many of these have been deflationary; it’s the land that as gone up in price because of buy to let speculation and the unavailability of land for building.

---------- Post added 07-01-2013 at 07:57 ----------

my tennants are not on any form of benefit. they run a business. did you not read the post above?

i give up. its like explaining to a 5yr old why they cant have another sweet.

2 more names to my ignore list.

my new yrs resolution was to ignore fools.

May be not but if Housing benefits wasn't available rents would have to be lower and they would also benefit from lower rents which would leave them more money to live.

Nothing. But people shouldn't be forced to rent subs standard accommodations, when they could afford to build. OR when people could afford to build cheaper, and better quality rental housing.

Who rents out sub standard accommodation ? My properties ,(albeit they are all student Lets, where you dont really need to renovate to a high end finish,) are fitted out to a higher spec than most student lets purely because it makes then more attractive to students looking for a room to rent.

Now how do you class my rents are too high. I rent out at £65/70 per room per week ,and every room in every one of my properties is rented. City centre student accomodation in the new build student flats is over £100 per week ,so mine are priced reasonably. I provide accommodation to students studying in the city , not families .

You go on about building to let instead of buying to let, and you seem to have this wild notion that you can just buy a piece of land and build anywhere and anything you want. You are very naive if thats how you think it works. Firstly a lot of land can never be built on for a number of reasons ,hence the reason it hasnt already been built on ,secondly , you then have the nightmare of getting planning permission , which believe me is not as easy as you think.

I think im one of the "Rentier parasites" Chemist is refering too.

Im one of those terrible, vile, Buy to Let Landlords he so despises. :hihi::hihi:

Have you thought of starting a thread about forcing folk like chem to get a job and stop sponging off the world?

A child born today should be able to access land for housing and business when it comes of age.

Why should it? I wasn't. I had to work to save money for a deposit and then a mortgage. As did my father, and so on.

This isn't 1800's America where they're giving land away for free. Stop confusing the Tom Cruise movie "Far and Away" with real life.

Why should it? I wasn't. I had to work to save money for a deposit and then a mortgage. As did my father, and so on.

This isn't 1800's America where they're giving land away for free. Stop confusing the Tom Cruise movie "Far and Away" with real life.

Because his philosophy on life is "I was to sit around on my backside all day trolling on Sheffield Forum and smoking weed. I would like everyone else to work hard and then give me their money."

Archived