Land tax is required to save society from collapse!

i am allowing a nice young couple to live in a suburban estate in a house they could never afford to get a mortage on.

tell me how I am destroying society as well. the couple get to live somewhere they want to live at around half the monthly outgoing of taking on a mortage (even if they could get one with their financial history)

i am also contributing to business as well by allowing them to conduct a business from my premise.

---------- Post added 06-01-2013 at 23:06 ----------

Chem1st

do you work? have a job? contribute?

To see why it's so expensive to get a mortgage you have to go back in time. In the 60s no mortgage lender would lend money on a wife/partners income. The cry was,"we don,t lend against a wife/partners income!what if they get pregnant?"and so,as I remember it the average dwelling cost about 2 and a half years take home pay.Now it,s about doubled,or more.Now I am all for anybody working to improve their lot,all i am saying is that when they took both wages in to account that is when houses and therefore rents doubled in price. It also didn't help when the mortgage lenders went to a % fee from a fixed fee.

Tent communities, increasing amounts of people living in vehicles, even people sleeping under a motorway bridge. Some people are activly swapping rent, for vehicles and gym membership, and wha with rent I don't blame them.

I want more housing, so the people have housing. I want housing built to generous standards. We should have higher standards than those set out in the Parker Morris committee!

Let's build the housing first. And where we build housing, build schools. And where there is lots of housing, built hospitals.

But let's not forget that HOUSING IS HEALTH.

A lack of housing is causing our hospitals problems!

In some parts of the UK overcrowding is leading to all kinds of health problems.

In Wakefield rickets have returned.

http://www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/news/local/more-wakefield-news/wakefield-children-being-diagnosed-with-pre-war-illness-rickets-1-5279598

In London and other large cities, TB is spreading. There are increased fire risks in overcrowded property.

The link between poor housing and poor health is well documented.

We had the housing of the working classes acts in the 1880s and 1890s.

Poor housing in the early 1910s alarmed the military, due to the health problems of recruits from poor housing in WWI. Leading to homes fit for heroes. Which led to council housing.

Health improved as housing improved (admittedly they invested in health too, and other social infrastructure such as free education), there was also a policy of near full employment

And destroyed by Thatcher and successive governments (including Labour), with the death of public housing for the working classes, the problems of old are beginning to return.

You all wrong and Chem1st is obsessed with housing but he is also spot on.

I can show you numerous streets in north London where people are renting out their cars and vans just for hardworking BME's to sleep in, it's not just Indian families in Slough with its sheds and beds. Estate cars and vans are increasing in price in London solely because rents are astronomically high. There are numerous gardens with tents pitched been rented out and now hundreds of people are sleeping rough underneath the A4 flyover.

The housing problem is a national disgrace and civil unrest on a huge unprecedented scale is highly likely to erupt in 2013.

---------- Post added 11-01-2013 at 06:52 ----------

Unless you are willing to lie to DWP your housing benefit is stopped and will be made homeless like this soldier and his family was.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2107126/Ex-soldier-family-living-car-evicted.html

You all wrong and Chem1st is obsessed with housing but he is also spot on.

I can show you numerous streets in north London where people are renting out their cars and vans just for hardworking BME's to sleep in, it's not just Indian families in Slough with its sheds and beds. Estate cars and vans are increasing in price in London solely because rents are astronomically high. There are numerous gardens with tents pitched been rented out and now hundreds of people are sleeping rough underneath the A4 flyover.

The housing problem is a national disgrace and civil unrest on a huge unprecedented scale is highly likely to erupt in 2013.

---------- Post added 11-01-2013 at 06:52 ----------

Unless you are willing to lie to DWP your housing benefit is stopped and will be made homeless like this soldier and his family was.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2107126/Ex-soldier-family-living-car-evicted.html

The disastrous consequences of unfettered immigration.

The disastrous consequences of unfettered immigration.

No the disastrous consequences of indigenous folks loosing their work ethic, Pathfinder and our government exploiting immigrants, and not using their huge contributions to build more housing stock for everyone.

No the disastrous consequences of indigenous folks loosing their work ethic, Pathfinder and our government exploiting immigrants, and not using their huge contributions to build more housing stock for everyone.

The benefits system destroyed the work ethic of a minority of British workers but the majority still work hard.

I agree our government does exploit immigrants but immigrants are also exploiting immigrants.

I agree pathfinder was a disaster, but it was a planned disaster designed to increase property prices and give the illusion of wealth.

If we keep building houses where will we grow our food?

The benefits system destroyed the work ethic of a minority of British workers but the majority still work hard.

its not the benefits system but 30 years of "free market" economic polices which has destroyed millions of jobs which has destroyed the work ethic

If we keep building houses where will we grow our food?

maybe we should build gingerbread houses :)

its not the benefits system but 30 years of "free market" economic polices which has destroyed millions of jobs which has destroyed the work ethic

maybe we should build gingerbread houses :)

America seems to be doing ok, and their "free market" is free-er than ours. I'm not saying its the way to run a country but they aren't in bad shape.

Archived