Land tax is required to save society from collapse!

its not the benefits system but 30 years of "free market" economic polices which has destroyed millions of jobs which has destroyed the work ethic

I take it by putting free markets in inverted commas, you're alluding to the fact we don't have free markets in this country and that it's actually our distinct strain of crony capitalism that is the problem.

I agree.

The benefits system destroyed the work ethic of a minority of British workers but the majority still work hard.

I agree our government does exploit immigrants but immigrants are also exploiting immigrants.

I agree pathfinder was a disaster, but it was a planned disaster designed to increase property prices and give the illusion of wealth.

If we keep building houses where will we grow our food?

Well many employers and DWPwill tell you its clearly the majority, the structure and dependency of the benefits system played a aprt in making our idigenous folks distant from the world of work, but they rarely do cash in hand either, it’s the arrogance and perpetuating belief drummed into them that they’re white and superior over others and menial manual work is beneath them.

No immigrants are interested in family units and helping people others develop whilst indigenous Brits are more interested in bling, drinking till they spew, slappers and ipads.

Yes Labours Pathfinder was nasty and cruel and something even the most heartless Tory would probably never do, but yet waht is shocking is how all that fish red leftist liberal elite defend it. :confused:

We import lots of food anyhow and could feed the nation using sustainable eco-scrapers, but even if that wasn’t possible only 2.27% of our landscape is built upon anyhow.

---------- Post added 13-01-2013 at 07:30 ----------

The population should be limited.

Arguably certain folk should be stopped from breeding but we have pletnty of land and we actaully need more immigrants to look after our ever increasing ageing population.

Bloody good thing too. Because with a workforce of 30 million, we could quite easily produce some 60 million housing units per year.

But there are some half a million who could, and we could build to decent standards. And in 5-10 years build a few million homes, of high standard.

We don't need everybody building. We need just a small proportion of the labour force to build decent housing for all. Same for food production, leccy, clean water etc.

Materials are not available to build houses to 'a high standard' any more.....cored bricks, plastic push fit plumbing pipe & fittings, force grown Scandanavian pine, stud plasterboard walls, breeze block, plastic windows...................do me a favour!!!!

The stuff they are knocking down from the 30s was better made than the rubbish they are (occasionally) throwing up!

Materials are not available to build houses to 'a high standard' any more.....cored bricks, plastic push fit plumbing pipe & fittings, force grown Scandanavian pine, stud plasterboard walls, breeze block, plastic windows...................do me a favour!!!!

The stuff they are knocking down from the 30s was better made than the rubbish they are (occasionally) throwing up!

We would be using labour to build houses AND produce the building materials.

Plenty of labour going spare. We have the potential.

We also have plenty of cheap houses going for a song at auctions every week , so you cannnot claim there is no housing available.

Where would you make it & how would you transport it?

We currently have to import oil (to refine to petrol / diesel) or gas / coal ( for power stations) to power lorries or the rail network to move building materials.

Gypsum is the main requirement for building houses used in cement / plaster & has to come from large amounts of crushed stone in quarries. Same with the roof materials usually come from stone or clay usually from quarries or selected areas. We don't have a natural abundance of quarries in Sheffield so the stuff would need transporting to Sheffield. How are you going to get foreign nations to buy into your currency free notion to sell us the gas / oil / coal to set up the transport network to get your building revolution off the ground......?

We currently have to import oil (to refine to petrol / diesel) or gas / coal ( for power stations) to power lorries or the rail network to move building materials.

Gypsum is the main requirement for building houses used in cement / plaster & has to come from large amounts of crushed stone in quarries. Same with the roof materials usually come from stone or clay usually from quarries or selected areas. We don't have a natural abundance of quarries in Sheffield so the stuff would need transporting to Sheffield. How are you going to get foreign nations to buy into your currency free notion to sell us the gas / oil / coal to set up the transport network to get your building revolution off the ground......?

With free trade.

End of the day, If I have bread and you have cheese, and we are free to trade, we both will have cheese sarnies.

If two more people join the equation and they have naff all, perhaps you employ one as a servant and I employ the other. Now we all have cheese sarnies.

Only problem is, we forget the other 6 billion+ in the equation. If they have no access to land to produce cheese, or bread, then they shall be going without cheese sarnies.

---------- Post added 13-01-2013 at 20:29 ----------

We also have plenty of cheap houses going for a song at auctions every week , so you cannnot claim there is no housing available.

Ain't cheap, it is restricted market. Property owners can buy it (and even rent it out for a profit), property-less people cannot. Stinks to me like corruption.

Nigh on a 1000 years of dirty rotten stinking monopoly.

With free trade.

End of the day, If I have bread and you have cheese, and we are free to trade, we both will have cheese sarnies.

If two more people join the equation and they have naff all, perhaps you employ one as a servant and I employ the other. Now we all have cheese sarnies.

Only problem is, we forget the other 6 billion+ in the equation. If they have no access to land to produce cheese, or bread, then they shall be going without cheese sarnies.

Simplistic approach but it relies on people liking cheese sarnies? How do you trade with a gluten intolerant or lactose intolerant if you only have cheese sarnies?

Think that's why money might have been invented................

if you built the structure out of wood and something like cob or adobe then the materials could be sourced locally

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cob_%28building%29

---------- Post added 13-01-2013 at 22:33 ----------

Simplistic approach but it relies on people liking cheese sarnies? How do you trade with a gluten intolerant or lactose intolerant if you only have cheese sarnies?

you offer to make the sarnies and when the intolerant person eats one and has a reaction you run off with their share as well as yours :)

---------- Post added 13-01-2013 at 22:35 ----------

....... Property owners can buy it (and even rent it out for a profit), property-less people cannot.....

i was once a property-less person and i had no trouble buying property.

there is no reason why property-less people cannot buy properties all they need is the money or can service a mortgage and to do either all they need do is get of their idle ass and work for a living

Archived