Land tax is required to save society from collapse!

i was once a property-less person and i had no trouble buying property.

there is no reason why property-less people cannot buy properties all they need is the money or can service a mortgage and to do either all they need do is get of their idle ass and work for a living

With increasing employment then people should have no problem buying...

Oh wait!

if you built the structure out of wood and something like cob or adobe then the materials could be sourced locally

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cob_%28building%29

---------- Post added 13-01-2013 at 22:33 ----------

you offer to make the sarnies and when the intolerant person eats one and has a reaction you run off with their share as well as yours :)

---------- Post added 13-01-2013 at 22:35 ----------

i was once a property-less person and i had no trouble buying property.

there is no reason why property-less people cannot buy properties all they need is the money or can service a mortgage and to do either all they need do is get of their idle ass and work for a living

HAHAHA......wood houses!!!!!! 3 little pigs / tornado.......pile of rubble!

Ask the Americans...... they build crap houses out of wood & wonder why they blow away in bad weather!

Check out the first image on this page below:-

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/02/04/New-Orleans-has-lost-much-of-population/UPI-60141296825344/

Sheffield Hurricane 1962........."Particularly badly hit were high up communities including Heeley, Crookes and Skye Edge - where a neighbourhood of post-war prefabs were quite literally blown away"

HAHAHA......wood houses!!!!!! 3 little pigs / tornado.......pile of rubble!

Ask the Americans...... they build crap houses out of wood & wonder why they blow away in bad weather!

Check out the first image on this page below:-

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/02/04/New-Orleans-has-lost-much-of-population/UPI-60141296825344/

Sheffield Hurricane 1962........."Particularly badly hit were high up communities including Heeley, Crookes and Skye Edge - where a neighbourhood of post-war prefabs were quite literally blown away"

unless you are building something like a nuclear bunker then no building is secure from tornados.

tornado's happen in the uk but they don't seem to happen often but if you are worried about them then this article suggests some ways of mitigating the risk.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/outdoors/survival/tips/how-to-make-a-more-tornado-resistant-home-7148806

Ain't cheap, it is restricted market. Property owners can buy it (and even rent it out for a profit), property-less people cannot. Stinks to me like corruption.

Nigh on a 1000 years of dirty rotten stinking monopoly.

Anyone can go to an auction and buy a property, a 10% downpayment of the sale price secures the property on auction day. There are no restrictions ,everyones welcome to go and bid on a property. Its not an elitist privilege you know. I will let you into a secret.............. even working class people are welcome at auctions. Yes ,they are.

But let's not forget that HOUSING IS HEALTH.

A lack of housing is causing our hospitals problems!

In some parts of the UK overcrowding is leading to all kinds of health problems.

In Wakefield rickets have returned.

http://www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/news/local/more-wakefield-news/wakefield-children-being-diagnosed-with-pre-war-illness-rickets-1-5279598

Whilst poor housing and poverty obviously has an effect on health,

rickets is caused by lack of vit D - best got through sunlight-the current increase is deemed to be more to do with a)use of sunblocks and b)covering up and c) kids not playing out like they used to.

also whilst wakefield has an increase it's 15 cases in 3 years-hardly an epidemic

unless you are building something like a nuclear bunker then no building is secure from tornados.

tornado's happen in the uk but they don't seem to happen often but if you are worried about them then this article suggests some ways of mitigating the risk.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/outdoors/survival/tips/how-to-make-a-more-tornado-resistant-home-7148806

But wood-frame structures are particularly at risk: Siding and roofing blow off or are pulled away by suction; subassemblies of rafters and wall studs with plywood attached are peeled away; sheets of plywood turn into sails, multiplying the already intense force of the wind; long pieces of lumber exert tremendous leverage.

In short, a tornado turns a wood-frame house into a gigantic, wind-driven pry bar. Once the departing structural elements have left a hole in the structure, the wind enters and dismantles the home like a bomb. After watching several online videos showing homes being decimated by tornadoes, I would guess that they generate tens or even hundreds of thousands of pounds of force.

Read more: How to Make a More Tornado-Resistant Home - Popular Mechanics

But wood-frame structures are particularly at risk: Siding and roofing blow off or are pulled away by suction; subassemblies of rafters and wall studs with plywood attached are peeled away; sheets of plywood turn into sails, multiplying the already intense force of the wind; long pieces of lumber exert tremendous leverage.

In short, a tornado turns a wood-frame house into a gigantic, wind-driven pry bar. Once the departing structural elements have left a hole in the structure, the wind enters and dismantles the home like a bomb. After watching several online videos showing homes being decimated by tornadoes, I would guess that they generate tens or even hundreds of thousands of pounds of force.

Read more: How to Make a More Tornado-Resistant Home - Popular Mechanics

also in the link is a mitigation which involves adding cross links between various elements.

i can't say i'm particularly worried about tornados, but if you are then buy a building with no wood in it.

also in the link is a mitigation which involves adding cross links between various elements.

i can't say i'm particularly worried about tornados, but if you are then buy a building with no wood in it.

I'm just trying to point out the not-so-simple approach of using local materials to build a 'good quality house' with the cheese sarni barter approach & utilizing surplus labour.

Sheffield is located on 7 hills and has extremes of weather......very reason it's situated where it is, & had an upturn in population, was to harness the water for use in the old steel works especially Loxley & Rivelin.

Just as Japan now builds earth-quake proof buildings, I think you will see over the next few years houses having to withstand more storm conditions in the UK including wind & heavy rain!

I'm just trying to point out the not-so-simple approach of using local materials to build a 'good quality house' with the cheese sarni barter approach & utilizing surplus labour.

i wasn't suggesting that we build houses out of cheese sarnies.

your tornado problem will be an issue for any house whether it uses local or non local materials. there are ways of mitigating the risk which can be included in new builds or retrofitted to existing buildings but i doubt that very few people will do so since tornados are so rare.

whether or not they become more prevalent with climate change is anybodies guess, we shall have to wait and see.

Just as Japan now builds earth-quake proof buildings, I think you will see over the next few years houses having to withstand more storm conditions in the UK including wind & heavy rain!

rain possibly, wind maybe. though houses seem to have come through last year pretty much unscathed. there are issues with houses built on flood plains but that's more of an issue of where you build houses not what you build them with.

ultimately the way to reduce the damage caused by flooding is not to build on the flood plain but that seems unlikely to happen. there are ways of reducing the disruption caused by flooding and i'm sure they will be included in new builds and where possible retro-fitted to existing properties and i'm sure it's quite possible to construct a reasonably flood resistant building with locally sourced materials.

Archived