Child Benefit .. Should it be phased out?

I think we should do away with child benefit and use the money instead to provide free lunches to every schoolchild regardless of income.

I'm guessing at about £2.50 per lunch so £12.50 a week, roughly in line, maybe a little less. Plus it has the advantages of making sure the kids actually benefit from it.

Just a thought I had earlier in the pub while we were talking about it :)

I like that idea. Requires more thought though.

Lets just deal with Britain for the time being,we may have some difficulty finding a solution to world poverty,in a limited amount of time.

Sadly we can't deal with Britain in isolation because the overspill from other over populated countries tend to head here for a better life.

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 08:03 ----------

I think we should do away with child benefit and use the money instead to provide free lunches to every schoolchild regardless of income.

I'm guessing at about £2.50 per lunch so £12.50 a week, roughly in line, maybe a little less. Plus it has the advantages of making sure the kids actually benefit from it.

Just a thought I had earlier in the pub while we were talking about it :)

Yep if the kids are given three meals a day at school we could also cut other benefits which in some cases is spent on fags and booze instead of food for the kids.

Archived