Question - Gravestone for fishermen

Jon26

I'm currently choosing a gravestone for my Dad. He was a life long fisherman. Traditional coarse (not pole) and trout/salmon fly fisherman. I'd like to include something on the stone which is natural (not man made) to reflect his passion. I've thought about a leaping salmon or similar.

I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts or experience?

Fisher men/women - what would you like to see on your memorial?

Thanks

A leaping salmon sounds like the perfect metaphor for life, struggle, overcoming adversity, occasional inspiring glimpses in-between unseen hard work, continuing the family line, and ultimately the death that's inevitable for all of us. I couldn't think of anything better. :)

All the best.

Fisher men/women - what would you like to see on your memorial?

Isaac Walton wrote the first fishing book "The Complete Angler" which was published in 1653. He spent over 40 years in the pursuit of fish. I would like my enjoyment of fishing to be acknowledged by the phrase "The Completed Angler" to be inscribed on my tombstone. Now and forever, any other fisherman would know the meaning.

Mick

Isaac Walton wrote the first fishing book "The Complete Angler" which was published in 1653. He spent over 40 years in the pursuit of fish. I would like my enjoyment of fishing to be acknowledged by the phrase "The Completed Angler" to be inscribed on my tombstone. Now and forever, any other fisherman would know the meaning.

Mick

That is an excellent suggestion, thank you. My dad fished on the dove and manifold. He last went fishing in June. I did take a made up trout rod out of his car after he became ill so I suspect he'd had a wander over that way this year. To my regret I never really took up fishing but I do have fond memories of catching trout on the opening days on the Dove, Ogston and Ladybower.

Mick

I like that - may use it myself (but not for a while yet, I hope). Thank you.

Archived