Urinating white van man

Wikipedia says this: At one time in the UK, it was legal for a man to urinate in public, so long as it occurred on the rear wheel of his vehicle and he had his right hand on the vehicle. The laws allowing this were the Hackney Carriage Laws, which were repealed in 1976. So it may not be legal any longer. And at least one van driver has lost his job as a result.

Wikipedia says this: At one time in the UK, it was legal for a man to urinate in public, so long as it occurred on the rear wheel of his vehicle and he had his right hand on the vehicle. The laws allowing this were the Hackney Carriage Laws, which were repealed in 1976. So it may not be legal any longer. And at least one van driver has lost his job as a result.

The report in this case kind of speaks for itself...

Colin Woods lost his job at Liverpool-based Home Delivery Network after a resident reported the incident, which happened in Fife last December....

Any reasonable individual must know that he should not urinate in a public place in broad daylight in a built-up area.

Resident - built up area = Hardly a discreet location.

Im not after getting this poor fella hung,drawn and quartered. Or sacked from his job,and he is in no way a sex offender! It is plain to see that hes urinating, and its not on his van back wheel but! bare in mind he does this every day, sometimes twice a day. Like i said in an earlier post there are two public houses and one of those automated toilet booths, within 100 yards,so he really doesnt need to be peeing in the street opposite my house.Believe me, rain or no rain it smells! Have you ever smelled mens public toilets? Thats not to mention the fag ends hes chucked out of his window every time hes had a pee. :gag:

Im not after getting this poor fella hung,drawn and quartered. Or sacked from his job,and he is in no way a sex offender! It is plain to see that hes urinating, and its not on his van back wheel but! bare in mind he does this every day, sometimes twice a day. Like i said in an earlier post there are two public houses and one of those automated toilet booths, within 100 yards,so he really doesnt need to be peeing in the street opposite my house.Believe me, rain or no rain it smells! Have you ever smelled mens public toilets? Thats not to mention the fag ends hes chucked out of his window every time hes had a pee. :gag:

The solution seems pretty simple to me... Have a friendly and polite word with the guy.

Dont go 'mob handed' but take a friend/neighbour if it makes you feel better and dont be confrontational. Just politely point out that although you understand his need for a pee when on the road all day, could he perhaps choose somewhere a little more discreet or point out the location of the nearest public toilets. Save any threats about reporting him to his employers or authorities for if he should get uppity about it but i think if you approach him in the right manner, he will probably be fine about it.

Archived