Would you let somebody spit on you for a grand?

Would you let somebody spit on you for a grand?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you let somebody spit on you for a grand?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Don't know.
    • I would let somebody spit on me, but for £X (please state)

I wonder if Chem1st would like to spit on a landlord for a grand :huh:

I wouldn't want to waste my money. Would be far better invested in an ethical institution that builds affordable housing. But not even the building societies do that anymore!

Believe it or not, I have let a landlord occasionally sleep on my sofa rent free, I do of course, try to educate them.

---------- Post added 08-01-2013 at 21:26 ----------

I think he'd s*it on one for nothing if the truth be known.

Perhaps :hihi:

But punishing them wouldn't achieve anything meaningful. I suppose we should remember that deep down they are human beings at the end of the day, and that the main faults lie with the system.

That does not however, make them innocent. Reforming the system would be the best thing to do, for if the system remains, even if we removed the current landlords from society others would eventually take their place and profit from the misery of others.

The only solution is to build affordable housing, and to allow people to build and acquire housing, rather than force them into the private rented sector, and enrich landlords at the expense of the common man.

There is no reason why we shouldn't have landlords providing housing to people who wish to rent privately of their own free will.

But we shouldn't prop up the current system, where landlords and landowners get a free ride, and the common man's wealth is determined by property ownership, instead of productive work.

Archived