Outside wedding reception, music system set up, advice please..

Hi all,

i've got an outside space of about 25m by 35m that will be hosting my wedding reception. It's a bit of a homemade wedding so friends will be providing music playlists - probably on a laptop and these will be the basis of the tunes for the evening. I'm looking to buy the speaker/amp etc set up so that it can be used again in the future. However, i am pretty clueless as to what i need to buy. I've been recommended this:

http://www.hifi-tower.co.uk/DJ-PA-Package-Miami-Nights-Pro-2-x-Amplifier-4x-Speakers_i2693.htm

but is it good enough? Do i need a mixer? How do you run the laptop through it? Why two amps? Help help!! Does anyone have any recommendations for the set up i require? Budget is max £400.....

thanks all :)

I think this is a bit of overkill and looks like a professional set-up. 2-300w is enough with just 2 speakers. If your laptop has a good quality sound card it will have its own EQ section (mixer).

You may find it far cheaper to hire a small PA for this event as you probably wouldn't use this sort of gear again....unless you were going to do these "gigs" regularly.

Hi,

thanks for the advice... we're in the middle of nowhere in rural italy so even factoring in purchase and postage costs it still works out cheaper to buy than to hire! plus we probably will use it again so it's a long term investment. Thanks though :)

As the system is actually only 4 x 120w. It should be fine for a low key event. It would not be loud enough for a busy indoor event and way too small for a band.

If I was doing this I would take a mixer with four speaker outputs because you will need to split and mix a stereo 3.5" jack plug and convert it to 4 x 1/4 inch mono jack plugs.

Archived