Will government U-turns suddenly disappear?

It was a complete farce, massively over budget and a huge infringement on peoples private lives.

I'd rather the government makes a U-Turn on a subject than blindly presses on with it regardless of cost, need or public opinion.

Whats your stance on the war on Iraq we went in on? Was that a good idea too?

It was a complete farce, massively over budget and a huge infringement on peoples private lives.

I'd rather the government makes a U-Turn on a subject than blindly presses on with it regardless of cost, need or public opinion.

Whats your stance on the war on Iraq we went in on? Was that a good idea too?

Yeah! we got rid of another Hitler.

Better than what the last government did, who went ahead with disastrous projects, despite huge public criticism and backlashes.

Indeed, considering the constraints left by the previous government ("there's no money left"), the coalition don't seem to be doing that bad.

Where to next then, North Korea, Zimbabwae, Syria?

Perhaps a trip round the Congo clearing up all the hitler types over there?

:loopy:

Good Idea, let's rid the world of tyrants, starting with Cameron and Clegg.:hihi:

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 11:07 ----------

Indeed, considering the constraints left by the previous government ("there's no money left"), the coalition don't seem to be doing that bad.

You would say that being a Conservative.:loopy:

While we're on the subject of the last government ignoring public opinion, lets also look at BSF - the completely wasteful unnecessary extravagant spending on schools.

A few years in and the buildings are starting to show problems - open learning spaces don't work, huge glass atriums cost a fortune to heat in winter and cool in summer, huge panes of glass cost a fortune to replace, open raised walkways are now considered dangerous because of low sides or kids throwing bags and other stuff onto people down below.

There's a good Q&A here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-10682980

And this is a great article about one of the first schools - it cost £31 million to build (an average new school should cost around £15 million) and run up a half million pound defecit and spent almost £300,000 fixing leaks, flaking steelwork and broken boilers.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/business-academy-bexley-may-be-forced-to-cut-staff-over-500000-deficit-6459936.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1320350/Scandal-Blairs-31-million-flagship-school-A-leaking-roof-broken-designer-toilets-useless-system.html

You would say that being a Conservative.:loopy:

I'm not a conservative ;)

I actually look at reality rather than parrot out what I heard down the pub last night. It saves on frantic, outraged arm waving time.

Who would you prefer be in government? (post 12)

I'm not a conservative ;)

I actually look at reality rather than parrot out what I heard down the pub last night. It saves on frantic, outraged arm waving time.

Who would you prefer be in government? (post 12)

Miliband is not perfect but he is more in touch with the working class.

Miliband is not perfect but he is more in touch with the working class.

AHAHAHHAHAAAAHHAHAHHAHAAAAAA. No politician is in touch with anybody you deluded people. They don't care, they just say stuff based on the percentage of people they think care. Say 30% of the country votes red and 30% votes blue regardless of the candidate as show recently. The politician works out what to say to the other 40% that will get them in power, they don't give a **** about working class or any class.

However the Conservatives seem to me to say what the working classes want to hear while Labour seem to say what the non-working class or public sector employees want to hear. Lib Dems just talk crap, it would help if they were actually Liberal but they aren't at all.

Archived