Will government U-turns suddenly disappear?

Better than what the last government did, who went ahead with disastrous projects, despite huge public criticism and backlashes.

No it isn't, don't make yourself look daft.

£12bn NHS computer system is scrapped... and it's all YOUR money that Labour poured down the drain

Sum would pay 60,000 nurses' salaries for a decade

Ministers are to axe Labour’s disastrous £12billion NHS computer scheme.

The Coalition will today announce it is putting a halt to years of scandalous waste of taxpayers’ money on a system that never worked.

It will cut its losses and ‘urgently’ dismantle the National Programme for IT – a monument to Whitehall folly during Labour’s 13 years in power.

LINK

You were saying? :rolleyes:

AHAHAHHAHAAAAHHAHAHHAHAAAAAA. No politician is in touch with anybody you deluded people. They don't care, they just say stuff based on the percentage of people they think care. Say 30% of the country votes red and 30% votes blue regardless of the candidate as show recently. The politician works out what to say to the other 40% that will get them in power, they don't give a **** about working class or any class.

However the Conservatives seem to me to say what the working classes want to hear while Labour seem to say what the non-working class or public sector employees want to hear. Lib Dems just talk crap, it would help if they were actually Liberal but they aren't at all.

Oh please feel free to tell us what we already know! I just said Miliband is probably the best of a bad bunch. :gag:

I hope not, I don't see a U turn as a weakness like the front bench of Labour seem to think. It shows the government has listened and changing its mind.

What is worse, a party that refuses to listen to alternatives, or those that push ahead with polices that the majority do not agree with.

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 15:46 ----------

No it isn't, don't make yourself look daft.

Haha, the only person looking daft is you and your "If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through" attitude :hihi:

What is worse, a party that refuses to listen to alternatives, or those that push ahead with polices that the majority do not agree with.

And have you noticed that those who shout loudest in their threads about "U turns" suddenly disappear (after a bit of name calling) when presented with the facts!

I hope not, I don't see a U turn as a weakness like the front bench of Labour seem to think. It shows the government has listened and changing its mind.

I agree that a U turn is not necessarily a sign of weakness - it depends what causes the u turn

a u turn as a consequence of listening to argument and accepting (or being persuaded) that you were wrong is a sign of strength

a u turn as a consequence of discovering that your policy is unpopular is a sign of weakness to me (although arguably common sense)

A shame really because it spoils a good debate.

It reminds me of the outrage when the media announced the government was selling off school playing fields. I found at least two examples were because LABOUR had actually closed the school some years previously!

Needless to say those on here who posted such rubbish scuttled off and failed to admit they were wrong.

Archived