Government Ministers laugh as they make the poor poorer

Delusional! the country is in a right mess just admit it, this Goverment has a record of making things worse, remember the only reason your in is because of that idiot Clegg or other wise you would'nt have stood a chance.

I thought it was the idiot Brown that is the reason for the mess, and the gullible that thought he was right when he claimed to have stopped the boom bust cycle.

Facts are always useful at times like this

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/lms/labour-market-statistics/december-2012/index.html

The employment rate for those aged from 16 to 64 for August to October 2012 was 71.2 per cent, up 0.1 from May to July 2012. There were 29.60 million people in employment aged 16 and over, up 40,000 from May to July 2012.

The unemployment rate for August to October 2012 was 7.8 per cent of the economically active population, down 0.2 from May to July 2012. There were 2.51 million unemployed people, down 82,000 from May to July 2012.

The inactivity rate for those aged from 16 to 64 for August to October 2012 was 22.6 per cent, up 0.1 from May to July 2012. There were 9.07 million economically inactive people aged from 16 to 64, up 60,000 from May to July 2012.

Between August to October 2011 and August to October 2012, total pay (including bonuses) rose by 1.8 per cent and regular pay (excluding bonuses) rose by 1.7 per cent.

More delusion! it's a known fact this lot can doctor figures, thanks for your delusional effort tho.:loopy:

More delusion! it's a known fact this lot can doctor figures, thanks for your delusional effort tho.:loopy:
Sillly boy. The ONS is an independent body, not a part of any political machine.

Who are the people getting these pay rises? My wage hasn't gone up for three years.

Good question, I'm in the same position as you. In fact I've reduced my own wages significantly in the last 5 years.

It seems that it's the good old public sector again. Despite a pay freeze, the process of "pay progression" is giving people pay rises between 2% and 5% as they move up the pay scale for nothing more than length of service. In other words, it's the pay scales that have been frozen, not people moving up them. Sir Humphrey would be pleased.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/9502544/Pay-rises-for-public-sector-workers-despite-pay-freeze.html

Ah, so now we can discuss the facts and their nuances rather than the headlines and hyperbole. Excellent :)

What rises have benefits claimants enjoyed in the last couple of years? Something like 5% wasn't it? That's more than double the current rate of inflation.

I think this is the important thing, what was actually voted on and in the context of everybody else's income. Unfortunately the OP decided to base the thread on an opinionated blog post by a loony leftie rather than a factual news piece.

Sillly boy. The ONS is an independent body, not a part of any political machine.

Good question, I'm in the same position as you. In fact I've reduced my own wages significantly in the last 5 years.

It seems that it's the good old public sector again. Despite a pay freeze, the process of "pay progression" is giving people pay rises between 2% and 5% as they move up the pay scale for nothing more than length of service. In other words, it's the pay scales that have been frozen, not people moving up them. Sir Humphrey would be pleased.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/9502544/Pay-rises-for-public-sector-workers-despite-pay-freeze.html

Yep, my daughter just had a 5% pay rise; she is paid about £5K more than her equivalent private sector worker.

The only consolation is that the Tories and Lib Dems will not win an election for a long long time. But it's not much of one, when Labour are shafting the poor too.

The article referred to in the OP is long overdue and a rarity as those that should protect the poorest in the media don't seem to care and seem to be a rather self-serving lot.

Yep, my daughter just had a 5% pay rise; she is paid about £5K more than her equivalent private sector worker.

Funny that the Government has now done a u-turn over market facing pay in the public sector after discovering that it would mean having to raise salaries instead of reducing them as they hoped.

The article is a bit foamy at mouth.

The Independent has certainly gone downhill since the days of Andreas Whittam Smith.

---------- Post added 10-01-2013 at 13:38 ----------

10 million families worse off, most of them hard-working.

By DWP's own admission the poorest will be hit hardest.

Benefits reform but no banking reform.

Odd that.

Archived