It looks like the BNP are right after all

White British minority - do you care?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. White British minority - do you care?

They have spent years telling anyone who will listen that white Britons will be a minority in years to come, well it looks like they are being proved right.

From The Times

White Britons in a minority in Leicester, Luton and Slough — with Birmingham set to follow

White Britons are now a minority in three urban centres outside London, a report shows.

An influx of immigrants from Eastern Europe is one reason behind the change in Leicester, Luton and Slough, according to the study by the University of Manchester.

A reclassification of the white population — which is now broken into white British, Irish, Irish traveller and other white — has also contributed to the change, the study says.

The findings, based on the 2011 census, also suggest that white Britons could become a minority in Birmingham by the end of the decade. White Britons now make up 45 per cent of the population of Leicester and Luton and 35 per cent in Slough.

Indians make up 28 per cent of the 330,000 population of Leicester and other Asians and Africans 8 per cent.

In Slough, Pakistanis make up 18 per cent of the population and Indians 16 per cent. In Luton, Pakistanis comprise 14 per cent and Bangladeshis 7 per cent.

The census revealed that in London white Britons are in a minority for the first time. They account for 44.9 per cent of London’s population, with their number falling from 4.3 million in 2001 to 3.7 million in 2011.

Do you care?

The colour of the skin doesn't matter to me, but the religion does. I view religion as a mental cancer, and had high hopes a few years back that the UK would finally shake the disease and embrace rationalism, i.e. atheism! Sadly, that might not be the case, and I wish polls would ask sensible questions. It's incompatible cultures and religion that are the problem for this country, not skin colour - racism has no place in rational debate!

The colour of the skin doesn't matter to me, but the religion does. I view religion as a mental cancer, and had high hopes a few years back that the UK would finally shake the disease and embrace rationalism, i.e. atheism! Sadly, that might not be the case, and I wish polls would ask sensible questions. It's incompatible cultures and religion that are the problem for this country, not skin colour - racism has no place in rational debate!

Absolutely spot on Mr :)

No it's not, that's as daft a statement as I've read on here.

---------- Post added 12-01-2013 at 16:05 ----------

! :blush:

Eh? explain how? Loads of Stormfronters and UKIP types target this forum to recruit as they know most Sheffielders have a chip on their shoulder and much prefer to chuck towel in and blame Muslims for their self inflicted misfortunes.

There is at least 45 racists just on this thread alone.

Eh? explain how? Loads of Stormfronters and UKIP types target this forum to recruit as they know most Sheffielders have a chip on their shoulder and much prefer to chuck towel in and blame Muslims for their self inflicted misfortunes.

It's quite simple 'Stormfronters' and BNPers on this site aren't an indication of Sheffield being a 'very racist' city, my own lifetime experiences confirm that isn't the case.

They target this website because it's the largest community focussed website in the UK and it's common knowledge that they use it as a recruiting tool, not because Sheffielders are racist but because they have a large potential audience for their rhetoric and don't have to pay to access it. I remember during the last election that the BNP hierarchy were encouraging their activists to infiltrate forums such as these..it's not rocket science why they'd want to do that.

Forgive me if I'm wrong Green Web, but as another poster suggested earlier, I'm of the belief that you're not entirely genuine so would question your motives for being here.

It's quite simple 'Stormfronters' and BNPers on this site aren't an indication of Sheffield being a 'very racist' city, my own lifetime experiences confirm that isn't the case.

They target this website because it's the largest community focussed website in the UK and it's common knowledge that they use it as a recruiting tool, not because Sheffielders are racist but because they have a large potential audience for their rhetoric and don't have to pay to access it. I remember during the last election that the BNP hierarchy were encouraging their activists to infiltrate forums such as these..it's not rocket science why they'd want to do that.

Forgive me if I'm wrong Green Web, but as another poster suggested earlier, I'm of the belief that you're not entirely genuine so would question your motives for being here.

A view that I share. Judging by his expressed views that all black people walk with a limp and tend to be criminals I think it's fair to say he has 'issues'.

Hmm the voting results seem to speak for themselves ,Im sure most of the ayes are not rabid right wing Hitler loving fascists as per Le Maquis continual inference of anyone who doesnt agree with him

What we haven't seen though is any kind of rationale for the ayes?

Why does it matter to them?

I think Sheffield is a very harmonious city where for the most part everybody gets on just fine.

Just a thought but maybe it could be to do with how minority groups are treated in some of the countries our immigrants come from and the fact that some minority groups here appear to despise British white people.

Why on earth does it need to be rational ? Alot of people don't like change, simple as that. It's not say they are racist and most would welcome, or at least wouldn't mind people from other cultures coming over to live and work. The concern starts when the other cultures potentially take over from their white, Christian (ish) ways.

Maybe it's not even that. Take monty panesar - born in Luton from Indian parents, he still has family ties in India and has quite a following out there and he's a devout Sikh. If you tell him he's not properly English he might hit you. His England team mates would. I would. On the other side of the coin if current England captain, white and posh sounding alistair cook started a press conference "before we get going, I'd like to talk about the bible" that would freak out more people than anything monty has ever done.

Archived