It looks like the BNP are right after all

White British minority - do you care?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. White British minority - do you care?

Why on earth does it need to be rational ? Alot of people don't like change, simple as that. It's not say they are racist and most would welcome, or at least wouldn't mind people from other cultures coming over to live and work. The concern starts when the other cultures potentially take over from their white, Christian (ish) ways.

Maybe it's not even that. Take monty panesar - born in Luton from Indian parents, he still has family ties in India and has quite a following out there and he's a devout Sikh. If you tell him he's not properly English he might hit you. His England team mates would. I would. On the other side of the coin if current England captain, white and posh sounding alistair cook started a press conference "before we get going, I'd like to talk about the bible" that would freak out more people than anything monty has ever done.

The trouble is that change is an essential ingredient to life.

Better start learning another language , what's Indian for where me dole money gone ?

Think you'll find there's no such language as Indian.

You could try 'Mera dole money kahaa thaa? ' in Hindi.

You might also find most Indians are hard-working, intelligent and share our western values.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

No, so you have to take change on it's face value, rather than like or dislike change per se.

I think that's a concept that most people will struggle to agree with when it comes to the make up of their country.

I did a job at Christmas in London and found myself working with white English people who, judging by their accents, were from all over country, English black people, immigrant black people again judging by the accents, and white people from Poland, Italy, the US, holland and south Africa. I'd have gone for a pint with pretty much all of them. I've gone to other places with a similar make up and would have cheerfully smacked most if them.

Figures don't show that distinction.

I think that's a concept that most people will struggle to agree with when it comes to the make up of their country.

I did a job at Christmas in London and found myself working with white English people who, judging by their accents, were from all over country, English black people, immigrant black people again judging by the accents, and white people from Poland, Italy, the US, holland and south Africa. I'd have gone for a pint with pretty much all of them. I've gone to other places with a similar make up and would have cheerfully smacked most if them.

Figures don't show that distinction.

But this country like every other country, is in a constant state of change. Nothing is as it was.

It's how we adapted to this change that led us to become the great nation that we are, also how we stopped adapting to change also part explains why we are now being eclipsed.

Why on earth does it need to be rational ? Alot of people don't like change, simple as that. It's not say they are racist and most would welcome, or at least wouldn't mind people from other cultures coming over to live and work. The concern starts when the other cultures potentially take over from their white, Christian (ish) ways.

Maybe it's not even that. Take monty panesar - born in Luton from Indian parents, he still has family ties in India and has quite a following out there and he's a devout Sikh. If you tell him he's not properly English he might hit you. His England team mates would. I would. On the other side of the coin if current England captain, white and posh sounding alistair cook started a press conference "before we get going, I'd like to talk about the bible" that would freak out more people than anything monty has ever done.

True, some people don't like change, but that doesn't mean it has to be irrational. Not all change can be considered desirable, and shouldn't be something we have to embrace, not all cultural imports are compatible with the British way of life.

The abortion of unwanted girls taking place in the UK

Illegal abortion on the grounds of gender may be taking place in Britain within immigrant communities, ministers have admitted for the first time after an official analysis of birth statistics.

The Government was on Thursday night urged to open an inquiry after officials found signs that birth rates for girls and boys vary noticeably according to where their mothers were born.

A health minister said that these differences in rates of male and female births among mothers of certain nationalities may “fall outside the range considered possible without intervention”.

It forms the first official statistical evidence potentially backing up concerns that sex-selection abortions are being carried out in Britain.

But this country like every other country, is in a constant state of change. Nothing is as it was.

It's how we adapted to this change that led us to become the great nation that we are, also how we stopped adapting to change also part explains why we are now being eclipsed.

I agree to point. I feel, and maybe wrong, that we as a country dictated the change. I feel as though we as country are just being towed along. Don't really know who is doing the towing !

True, some people don't like change, but that doesn't mean it has to be irrational. Not all change can be considered desirable, and shouldn't be something we have to embrace, not all cultural imports are compatible with the British way of life.

The abortion of unwanted girls taking place in the UK

That article is just sensationalist nonsense, do you really believe that the majority of abortions are carried out to protect the health of the mother or the embryo/foetus as the act states it should?

That article is just sensationalist nonsense

I don't see any sensationalist tone in the article, it's based on statistical analysis.

do you really believe that the majority of abortions are carried out to protect the health of the mother or the embryo/foetus as the act states it should?

Yes.

Archived