It looks like the BNP are right after all

White British minority - do you care?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. White British minority - do you care?

Your problem is that you confuse patriotism and fascism. You think everything has to do with race and that respecting the Union Flag is the same as having white skin and hating darkies, East Europeans, et al. You seem to think that just about every other white person in this country thinks the same and that those few who don't are Quislings and traitors.

Dream on. If what you think were true the BNP would be in government and the EDL would be rounding up the darkies, Poles, me, et al, and sending us to a new Auschwitz.

Your views are limited to a few far right freaks who can't tell reality from their fantasies because they're so obsessed with their black and white views on race as the be all and end all of human nature.

Pakistan whitewashed England 3-0 in last winter's test series. So those British-born Pakistan supporters know something you don't about backing a winner.

---------- Post added 14-01-2013 at 13:17 ----------

I was accused of bringing the BNP into a thread whose title contains the word BNP.

---------- Post added 14-01-2013 at 13:20 ----------

You would like to think that all that is the case but you can't be sure. The EU is our biggest trading area. If we left that there is no way we could trade with Brazil, China, USA et al to a greater extent in order to replace the trade we'd lose with the EU. The continent is 21 miles away, a lot closer than the Americas and Asia.

I believe thats the problem you seem to have ,Im neither a fascist or a racist just someone who loves my country and respects its heritage and history,much like the Pakistani immigrants in this country respect their heritage and country even though when push comes to shove they claim to be British.You see ,or rather you cant because of your hatred for a virtually non existent political party,theres very little difference between me and Ali in the corner shop,we both love our heritage and homeland but according to you Im a rabid racist because of that love but Ali's a downtrodden victim.

I question your reasoning and hatred of the BNP and their allegedly fascist background when you continually defend a group which by their history are rabid anti Semites,deny the holocaust and seek world domination,surely that puts you in the same bracket as your BNP friends.

Ahhh, there's that old persecution complex again-don't you see that screaming a statement like that silences the relevant discussion?!

Frankly it doesn't matter what people 'scream' if what you have to say strikes a chord with others then you've won the argument. If you, me or anyone else here wants to be a 'racist' or 'fascist' you're perfectly entitled to be so and shouldn't be so aggrieved if someone takes and believes you're in one of those categories. :)

The main grievance I have with people who say their interests lie in anti-immigration rather than outright xenophobia, is that they're usually unable to appreciate the benefits of immigration and then counter those against what they see as the disadvantages-under those circumstances it's perfectly possible to have a dignified, comprehensive discussion about the subject.

You mean like calling someone a dipstick;)yeh you sure know how to have grown up debate.

I question your reasoning and hatred of the BNP and their allegedly fascist background

It's certainly fascist. It goes beyond allegation.

If you don't follow or support them, why try and cleanse their name? Griffin is an holocaust denier. They're openly racist. Absolute truths.

when you continually defend a group which by their history are rabid anti Semites,deny the holocaust and seek world domination

Which group of people are you describing here?

I believe thats the problem you seem to have ,Im neither a fascist or a racist just someone who loves my country and respects its heritage and history,much like the Pakistani immigrants in this country respect their heritage and country even though when push comes to shove they claim to be British.You see ,or rather you cant because of your hatred for a virtually non existent political party,theres very little difference between me and Ali in the corner shop,we both love our heritage and homeland but according to you Im a rabid racist because of that love but Ali's a downtrodden victim.

I question your reasoning and hatred of the BNP and their allegedly fascist background when you continually defend a group which by their history are rabid anti Semites,deny the holocaust and seek world domination,surely that puts you in the same bracket as your BNP friends.

one of the greatest Sheffield Forum posts I've seen. So true although I can't see you getting through the blindfolded left wingers on here :help:

---------- Post added 14-01-2013 at 21:20 ----------

Are you trying to make an argument that no - one in the world should be allowed to move ever?

You are aware that most of the non white people in this country were born here aren't you?

just because someone was born here doesn't mean they are affiliated to the values of this country

---------- Post added 14-01-2013 at 21:23 ----------

So why is being white so important to you southcoast?

the same reason being black or Asian is so important to black or Asian people I would imagine

I think there is a distinct problem with nationality, as discussed in previous threads. Lets take one example of an Indian family - They move to England has many have done, and within one generation, they are British because they were born here. So then why are people surprised when people bring skin colour into the equation. Sure, the colour of someones skin is meaningless, buts its a clear indicator of origin. If we didnt call people British, who are clearly not acting (i Mean culturally) British, then whats the point of calling anyone British anymore? And here lies the problem..People don't want their national identity been taken away, and by calling any other nationality British when, it could be argued they are not, you are taking that identity and confusing it. Hence the issue of skin colour is only relevant because our definition of British is being tampered with. I am not fully British by origin, and personally I dont consider myself fully British. Im fully aware of the fact that I am part British and Part Ukrainian, if someone asks me, I tell them that. But yet Im forced to say Im british.

If we have stupid ways of describing things, its no wonder people get offended and confused over whos being racist or not.

Partly I blame immigration for its lack of common sense. let people emigrate here, but dont go calling them British straight away, thats silly and its causing all this trouble.

BS! There is hundreds of forums much more popular than SF with much bigger audiences and hits from googling.

They know Sheffielders hate BME's are use their time and resources appropiately, hence why there is now 54 shameless racists just on this thread alone.

And which posters, whic suggestions and what motives?

you can count me as one of the now 59 shameless racists

---------- Post added 14-01-2013 at 21:32 ----------

I think there is a distinct problem with nationality, as discussed in previous threads. Lets take one example of an Indian family - They move to England has many have done, and within one generation, they are British because they were born here. So then why are people surprised when people bring skin colour into the equation. Sure, the colour of someones skin is meaningless, buts its a clear indicator of origin. If we didnt call people British, who are clearly not acting (i Mean culturally) British, then whats the point of calling anyone British anymore? And here lies the problem..People don't want their national identity been taken away, and by calling any other nationality British when, it could be argued they are not, you are taking that identity and confusing it. Hence the issue of skin colour is only relevant because our definition of British is being tampered with. I am not fully British by origin, and personally I dont consider myself fully British. Im fully aware of the fact that I am part British and Part Ukrainian, if someone asks me, I tell them that. But yet Im forced to say Im british.

If we have stupid ways of describing things, its no wonder people get offended and confused over whos being racist or not.

Partly I blame immigration for its lack of common sense. let people emigrate here, but dont go calling them British straight away, thats silly and its causing all this trouble.

yet another top post by andriy schevcenko this time :hihi:;)

just because someone was born here doesn't mean they are affiliated to the values of this country

Certainly. They could be sympathetic to the fascism that we fought against. ;)

Sure, the colour of someones skin is meaningless, buts its a clear indicator of origin.

No it isn't. It's a clear indicator of skin colour, and skin colour alone. How do you know where someone is from by looking at their skin colour?

I met a man recently who I presumed was Greek. He had a Greek name, and he looked Greek - and silly me, I presumed he was Greek. He was born in South Africa.

If we didnt call people British, who are clearly not acting (i Mean culturally) British, then whats the point of calling anyone British anymore?

How does one act culturally British?

What's the point of calling anyone British anyway?

People don't want their national identity been taken away

It isn't. It can't be. You can eat what you want, read what you want, watch on tele what you want, meet up in groups and organise what you want. Nobody is stopping anyone doing anything. Nobody can touch anything about your national identity.

and by calling any other nationality British when, it could be argued they are not, you are taking that identity and confusing it.

What's confusing about it?

Hence the issue of skin colour is only relevant because our definition of British is being tampered with.

You've not proven that the definition of being British is being tampered with.

I am not fully British by origin

Ssssh. That news doesn't go down too well among some people here. You need to put on a mockney accent and watch Only Fools and Horses box sets to fit in. Get to it. ;)

But yet Im forced to say Im british.

Forced?

:rolleyes:

Meh. In conclusion ... nonsense. :)

Archived