It looks like the BNP are right after all

White British minority - do you care?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. White British minority - do you care?

The 40 people who voted no have obviously not read the OP,it didnt ask if the BNP where right period ,it asked if the the BNP was right on a specific topic,it didnt ask the whys and wherefores it simply asked if it was correct that White Britons would become a minority eventually and quoted a piece from the times to support the claim.With the ratio of 1 in 4 children being born in Britain being immigrants and rising Im sure the possibility of mixed race/coloured becoming the majority is highly likely

It asks if you care.

I'll choose one example because it's easy to identify. This is the tuition fee income from foreign students:

"A research paper from the Department for Business Innovation and Skills called Estimating the value to the UK of Education Exports (June 2011) estimates that in 2008-09 tuition fee income to the UK was worth over £4
billion
- £2.4 billion for HE, £139 million for FE and £880 million for English language."

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/about/impact.php

Note the highlighted bit. It's probably triple that when you take account of accommodation, food and other expenses.

Foreign students that come here, study and then go home don’t permanently increase our population, so aren’t much of an issue. They do take places at uni that some UK students might want, they do occupy housing that UK residents might want and they do end up competing for jobs that UK residents might want, so there are also down sides to them studying here, it’s not all positive.

Typical forum troll, trying to cause an argument by ignoring one part of a post and twisting another part of out of the context of the topic.

Nonsense. There is no argument. You were shown to be wrong and dodged the point. I was merely highlighting that, as a public service.

You're welcome.

Foreign students that come here, study and then go home don’t permanently increase our population, so aren’t much of an issue.
However they still fall within the immigration statistics and the Home Office regard them as such.

More importantly, the dimwits who think everyone in the UK with dark skin or slanty eyes is a scrounging foreigner would regard them as such anyway.

They do take places at uni that some UK students might want,

Universities make more money from foreigners than they do our own students, all of them are engaged in the business of attracting foreigners to come their institutions to study and they subsidise the costs of educating our own students.

Universities spend a fortune upgrading their course programmes and facilities, which our own students will benefit from. Foreign students dont come here to pick crumbs from our academia table.

they do occupy housing that UK residents might want and they do end up competing for jobs that UK residents might want, so there are also down sides to them studying here, it’s not all positive.

I didn't suggest it was, I was simply addressing a fiscal issue regarding immigrants that retep introduced to the discussion.

However they still fall within the immigration statistics and the Home Office regard them as such.

Yes they are but they aren't in the net figures just the gross figures, they don't increase the population unless they stay.

Universities make more money from foreigners than they do our own students, all of them are engaged in the business of attracting foreigners to come their institutions to study and they subsidise the costs of educating our own students.
There are more important things in life than making money.

And the additional cost of educating immigrant children more than likely wipes that out.

Hahaha..and how would you arrive at that conclusion? More speculation isn't it retep to scaremonger the casual observer.

Most immigrants WORK and contribute to tax revenues the same way you and I do, so they more than pay the costs of educating their own children. In fact my next door neighbour is a foreign consultant surgeon and pays for his kids to be educated privately, so in that example he's subsidising your kids and mine, (assuming they're in state education).

---------- Post added 17-01-2013 at 12:09 ----------

Yes they are but they aren't in the net figures just the gross figures, they don't increase the population unless they stay.
As I said, to the dimwits who think every darkie they see is a drain on the state it makes little difference.

There are more important things in life than making money.

Please tell your acolyte, retep. He brought pecuniary issues into the thread.

True, a lot of foreign students aren't interested in those crumbs in the slightest.
I didn't suggest there weren't abuses to the system and thankfully they're being discovered and dealt with as demonstrated in the link.

Here's a not too uncommon story

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/9459747/Foreign-students-countries-sending-the-most-students-to-the-UK.html

It takes a rare bird to squawk at anyone paying their way and making a go of it, no matter where they are from.

However, countering a clear offence with a good news story is a bit of a weak riposte BF, and it's certainly not one that you need to do with me of all people! ;)

It's the offence that is the issue. While there are clampdowns, it seems that superficial and regular colleges for foreign students are a major route for illegal immigration. It's an area that does need some attention.

I forget the numbers, but the numbers of people who enter on a student visa and then go missing are apparently significant. I'm sure a quick Google will turn it up if anyone cares enough. Then what happens then is that the regular folk get lumped in with the others.

I prefer to keep it black and white (forgive the wholly non-PC pun) and deal with an issue rather than some vague ambition to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony. While that might not suit some individual agendas (none implied) it's a strong point to work from when discussing these matters.

Were forgetting that immigration is going down. Surely that's a good thing because it spiraled out of control in the last 10 years or so.

---------- Post added 17-01-2013 at 13:09 ----------

Hahaha..and how would you arrive at that conclusion? More speculation isn't it retep to scaremonger the casual observer.

Most immigrants WORK and contribute to tax revenues the same way you and I do, so they more than pay the costs of educating their own children. In fact my next door neighbour is a foreign consultant surgeon and pays for his kids to be educated privately, so in that example he's subsidising your kids and mine, (assuming they're in state education).

---------- Post added 17-01-2013 at 12:09 ----------

As I said, to the dimwits who think every darkie they see is a drain on the state it makes little difference.

Please tell your acolyte, retep. He brought pecuniary issues into the thread.

A disproportionate amount of non white British / migrants are claiming benefits though, you can't deny that. 370,000 is a massive drain on the tax payer.

There's also the argument should migrants even have the same rights as British citizens? I'm playing devils advocate here but if I was to go into Germany and claim job seekers for a year, how would German people feel?

My argument would be they should have a 12 month adjustment period, where they can't claim benefits. Or they should apply for asylum through proper channels. But coming here and getting immediate access to the welfare system or even after 3 months, no I don't agree with that.

Archived