It looks like the BNP are right after all

White British minority - do you care?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. White British minority - do you care?

Hahaha..and how would you arrive at that conclusion? More speculation isn't it retep to scaremonger the casual observer.

Most immigrants WORK and contribute to tax revenues the same way you and I do, so they more than pay the costs of educating their own children. In fact my next door neighbour is a foreign consultant surgeon and pays for his kids to be educated privately, so in that example he's subsidising your kids and mine, (assuming they're in state education).

---------- Post added 17-01-2013 at 12:09 ----------

As I said, to the dimwits who think every darkie they see is a drain on the state it makes little difference.

Please tell your acolyte, retep. He brought pecuniary issues into the thread.

I think you'll find the fiscal bit was in answer to your denial of the country being left crippled and left in ruins,

"But your idiocy is exposed by your assumption that immigration will leave this country 'crippled' and in 'ruins'. Immigration has vastly benefited this country, not just culturally and socially, but financially too."

now who brought the fiscal bit into being,

as for the acolyte snipe, I'll just put that down to your ignorance.

I think you'll find the fiscal bit was in answer to your denial of the country being left crippled and left in ruins,

"But your idiocy is exposed by your assumption that immigration will leave this country 'crippled' and in 'ruins'. Immigration has vastly benefited this country, not just culturally and socially, but financially too."

I agree with you. Can BF elaborate? How has immigration vastly benefitted this country financially? how has it benefitted nationals?there are no statistics or anecdotal evidence to back up this claim.

We are in a mess financially. I'd argue less immigration was required, more targeted, but instead we took on more and more people and relaxed the criteria more and more. We've sunk the ship (almost). What we need is people coming into this country and all of them paying their way, paying into the tax system. This hasn't happened clearly.

I'd use Australia as a country which have (and has) their immigration policies spot on.

You quoted numbers to presumably denounce my suggestion, I provided evidence that proved what you were saying isn't true. Immigrants are not responsible for 'crippling' and 'ruining' our country, you only need look closer to home for the answer to that conundrum.

That's fine.

The establishment used all it's resources to destroy the BNP and it succeeded. Now we have UKIP who are very electable and will be a real force in the future. EX BNP voters will vote UKIP along with many many others who would never have voted BNP. The establishment shot itself in the foot.

I agree with you. Can BF elaborate? How has immigration vastly benefitted this country financially? how has it benefitted nationals?there are no statistics or anecdotal evidence to back up this claim.
Well I provided one comprehensive example (foreign students) including a link which totally rubbished retep's statement.

More interestingly, perhaps retep (or you) could provide evidence that immigration is responsible for 'crippling' and 'ruining' this country?

I'd use Australia as a country which have (and has) their immigration policies spot on.

We do, the points system was adopted some years ago.

However don't you find it ironic that you're championing an immigration policy which was conceived and implemented by the offspring of immigrants. I don't recall the indigenous Australians ever being asked whether they wanted mass immigration from Europe.

Well I provided one comprehensive example (foreign students) including a link which totally rubbished retep's statement.

More interestingly, perhaps retep (or you) could provide evidence that immigration is responsible for 'crippling' and 'ruining' this country?

We do, the points system was adopted some years ago.

However don't you find it ironic that you're championing an immigration policy which was conceived and implemented by the offspring of immigrants. I don't recall the indigenous Australians ever being asked whether they wanted mass immigration from Europe.

Foreign students? is that it? well, it's lined the pockets of Universities I'll give you that one. How about the 370,000 who claim benefits for a statistic.

The point systems a joke. The only way I could get into Australia for example, would be to have a 'required' trade or profession. If not I'd need to invest £250,000 and start a Business employing people. Either way I would be of value to the country and contributing from the outset.

Yes, I just said Australia is built on and by immigrants but no I don't find it ironic. You're clutching at straws. Australia had the good sense to rethink the whole system once the country was populated properly it now has an economy which is almost global recession proof and is outstripping our own.

It takes a rare bird to squawk at anyone paying their way and making a go of it, no matter where they are from.

However, countering a clear offence with a good news story is a bit of a weak riposte BF, and it's certainly not one that you need to do with me of all people! ;)

I'm in playful mood now I have the big beast retep cornered ;)

It's the offence that is the issue. While there are clampdowns, it seems that superficial and regular colleges for foreign students are a major route for illegal immigration. It's an area that does need some attention.

Absolutely, I alluded to the 'myriad' of problems associated with immigration earlier, this might be one of them, but a few bogus colleges harbouring 'illegal' immigrants shouldn't detract from the tens of thousands of students who come here perfectly properly-study, pay a fortune for the privilege, then bugger off home.

I prefer to keep it black and white (forgive the wholly non-PC pun) and deal with an issue rather than some vague ambition to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony. While that might not suit some individual agendas (none implied) it's a strong point to work from when discussing these matters.

Again I have to agree but unfortunately when dealing with one dimensional thinkers who have no interest in teaching the world to sing one has to address them with easily digestible, saccharine anecdotes.

I used foreign students purely because it's relatively easy to measure them as a cohort. We know how many they number, what they pay to study here and we can guesstimate what they spend to live.

They're likely to be younger people, therefore healthy (so not drain NHS resources), not have children (so not drain educational ones) and not engage in criminality.

*DISCLAIMER* Not all foreigners who come here to study behave this way ;)

Archived