It looks like the BNP are right after all

White British minority - do you care?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. White British minority - do you care?

What does that have to do with my sentence that you've highlighted? Foreign students invariably don't have children.

---------- Post added 17-01-2013 at 14:50 ----------

TJC, please sort your Australian visa asap and leave!

How are foreign students sending money home? They're studying here, not working!

The fees go to the university...which is a British institution, the employees of universities pay tax. The fees subsidise the tuition costs of our own students. Fees for foreign students range from £10,000pa to £30,000pa for courses like medicine and dentistry.

They may well spend money in Chinese and Asian shops, so do I and many other British people, but those shops are subject to UK tax laws just like you and I are and their owners are also spending money on British housing and other amenities.

I'd be on the first plane bro trust me.

The children of immigrants at school are also students, unless you know otherwise.

..and their parents could all be tax payers, unless you know otherwise.

---------- Post added 17-01-2013 at 16:06 ----------

I'd be on the first plane bro trust me.

I'm too old for that trip meself :)

I don't know anyone that would fit that description.

I've never met anyone that would fit that description.

And I don't think anyone on SF would fit that description.

It appears to be all in your mind.

Here's a thread from today where the poster seems to believe immigrants are all of a particular type..as I said the dimwits are there, and you don't have to look far to find them

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1111016

There are differences of opinion in which some people see the benefits of immigration but think the disadvantages out way those benefits, as opposed to thinking the benefits out way the disadvantages.

I'm happy to discuss the disadvantages, in fact I agreed with one which Tony mentioned earlier (bogus FE colleges which offer courses to foreigners), but I've yet to see the detractors want to engage meaningfully and productively in dialogue about the negatives AND positives regarding immigration.

I for one think the disadvantages out way the advantages, if there was some way of getting the benefits from immigration without the down side then I would be all for it.

That's fine, at least you acknowledge there are advantages.

I think it would be impossible to have immigration without problems too. The people who make up immigrants are all individuals, yet they're seen as a homogeneous group but they have their own needs, wants and aspirations. Just like the rest of us they want the best for themselves but their circumstances won't be identical and will be subject to change..that you can't legislate for.

I also strongly believe that there should be humanitarian consideration given to genuine refugees and like many tax payers am happy some of my tax is used to support them..yet some people moan about the little that is given to asylum seekers.

---------- Post added 17-01-2013 at 16:19 ----------

And you must have been living in isolation for the past few years.

370,000 migrants on the dole

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9026401/370000-migrants-on-the-dole.html

How many aren't?

When the tax/social burden for supporting them exceeds the revenue that the Exchequor raises from immigrants then you might begin to have a point.

---------- Post added 17-01-2013 at 16:20 ----------

see that the KKK are on the increase again over the pond

They're merely seeking the road to Damascus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B24qxWPPVbM

The establishment used all it's resources to destroy the BNP and it succeeded. Now we have UKIP who are very electable and will be a real force in the future. EX BNP voters will vote UKIP along with many many others who would never have voted BNP. The establishment shot itself in the foot.

Wrong again. The BNP destroyed itself by being a bunch of racist morons who struggle to tie their own laces.

---------- Post added 17-01-2013 at 16:23 ----------

You seem keen to highlight how students bring in money, I'm highlighting how students take it out.

Educating children isn't 'taking money out' - it's investing it for the future.

Archived