It looks like the BNP are right after all

White British minority - do you care?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. White British minority - do you care?

A disproportionate amount of non white British / migrants are claiming benefits though, you can't deny that. 370,000 is a massive drain on the tax payer.

Wrong. Quoting from an analysis of the data:

...migrants represent about 13% of all workers, but only 7% percent of out-of-work claimants;

migrants from outside the EEA represent about 9-10% of all workers, but about 5% of out-of-work claimants

foreign nationals from outside the EEA represent about 4.5% of all workers, but a little over 2% of out-of-work benefit claimants...

...The only question that remains for me is why today's research was not reported this way. Surely this was a great opportunity for Ministers - while not minimising the problems, either of the welfare system or the immigration system - to put some of the myths that surround this subject to rest, by pointing out that it's simply false to claim that migrants, overall, are a disproportionate burden on the welfare state or public services? And why was the BBC's headline "Benefits being claimed by more than 370,00 migrants" - a meaningless number, like all such numbers, out of context - rather than "Migrants less likely than Britons to claim out of work benefits"?

I still haven't seen anyone in this thread rationally explain why immigration is a 'problem', nor why ethnographic shifts in cities like Leicester or wherever are a source of concern. Is it the erosion of British culture that's such a worry?

The question posed is: "White British minority - do you care?"

Ignoring the British bit for a second; why is 'white' in there? Could someone (anyone) who thinks skin colour is somehow important define 'white', please?

And, by the way; No, I don't care. As long as my neighbors are reasonable people they can be any colour, culture, creed* or nationality.

*Except those pesky Jedi, who really need to give in to the Dark Side.

Muslims Enforcing Sharia Law on the streets of London...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=beb_1358359911

Integrating nicely.

Do you know what sharia law is?

Do you know there have been sharia tribunals in London since the early 80's?

Do you know Jewish Beth Din courts have been arbitrating in civil disputes between Jews for hundreds of years?

Did you know the Football Association have been arbitrating in disciplinary (including criminal ones) matters relating to footballers for 150 years.

Muslims Enforcing Sharia Law on the streets of London...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=beb_1358359911

Integrating nicely.

Unfortunately, I can't view that link on a work computer.

However, I assume that it shows some fundy Muslim loons doing fundy loony stuff in London (my home town), probably in the East End (my home turf).

If I post a link to some violent or stupid white British people are you happy to agree that all white British people are the same? How about some white British people drunk and fighting on the streets of a foreign town? Would that be a close enough match to what I imagine you've posted here?

Unfortunately, I can't view that link on a work computer.

However, I assume that it shows some fundy Muslim loons doing fundy loony stuff in London (my home town), probably in the East End (my home turf).

If I post a link to some violent or stupid white British people are you happy to agree that all white British people are the same? How about some white British people drunk and fighting on the streets of a foreign town? Would that be a close enough match to what I imagine you've posted here?

Not really no.

---------- Post added 17-01-2013 at 18:19 ----------

Do you know what sharia law is?

Do you know there have been sharia tribunals in London since the early 80's?

Do you know Jewish Beth Din courts have been arbitrating in civil disputes between Jews for hundreds of years?

Did you know the Football Association have been arbitrating in disciplinary (including criminal ones) matters relating to footballers for 150 years.

You do know Muslims can`t go around telling people what to do on the street don`t you?

You do know sharia law has no legal standing whatsoever in Britain don`t you?

I have no idea why you brought football into it. If its a criminal matter it gets dealt with by the courts. I don`t see the FA jailing lots of footballers either.

The question posed is: "White British minority - do you care?"

Ignoring the British bit for a second; why is 'white' in there? Could someone (anyone) who thinks skin colour is somehow important define 'white', please?

And, by the way; No, I don't care. As long as my neighbors are reasonable people they can be any colour, culture, creed* or nationality.

It's a census question, so it's self identified. White is one of the categories, white British is a subcategory.

Archived