It looks like the BNP are right after all

White British minority - do you care?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. White British minority - do you care?

If the question was aimed at me -

No, we don't "ship them in". They're allowed economic migration because of the EU and they come here, or they apply for working VISAs and they come here. They haven't been "shipped in" since the Windrush - when Britain went out to it's empire and invited people to come here.

Secondly, I never said they are all lazy. You've made that up, for whatever reason.

It isn't that simple. I don't have all the answers. There is indeed a level of poverty that exists where people can't afford to eat. I don't agree with a conclusion that places that problem squarely at the feet of immigrants though.

it seems they are migrating to plonk on...from the eastern block...well unboard up all those derelict houses...bang them in there...and make them feel like their living behind the old berlin wall...infact put it back up...our unemployed brickies would build it for free...

Because it's a silly forum poll where people with more than one username can vote.

Possibly. :)

Certainly not. Just a select few. ;)

Blinkers on chaps we're in denial !!

---------- Post added 20-01-2013 at 20:08 ----------

You don't know? It's a very straightforward question - do you believe, as southcoast does, that you have to be white to be British?

does Southcoast believe that ?

Do you have to be white to be British ? I believe Iv answered that in the negative on quite a few occasions, Iv never had a problem with colour,I question the immigration system as a whole I believe the eastern Europeans are classed as white.

I see youve either mistaken my reply or taken in out of context.

Not all immigrants come here to work, they don't all work in skilled jobs or the NHS, the majority are low paid, low skilled and contribute very little, and how does taking their saving and pensions back to their country of origin benefit the UK?
As others have said, they still have to pay tax here, buy food accommodation etc etc. You also fail to appreciate that British workers abroad do the exact same thing and they're generally in highly skilled jobs so the revenue they send out of their country of work BACK to the UK will be much higher. Ps: I already acknowledged the low paid workers in the UK and the reasons why there are jobs for them to do here.

Nonsense, I know several unemployed NHS staff that have applied for jobs all over the country.

Really? Have they considered taking their skills abroad? There are many countries who pay handsomely for British trained health workers.

---------- Post added 20-01-2013 at 20:13 ----------

It’s self funding and would probably actually save us money, the UK including the NHS spends a fortune on trying to integrate people with different languages and ethnic needs, money that should be diverted to training the British.
Numbers please, not rhetoric.

We have millions of people on benefit, yet millions of foreign workers doing jobs these people could be doing, the benefits bill would be drastically reduced and the money spent on training the British.

You're unfamiliar with 'skills matching', just because we have people unemployed doesn't mean they have the skills required in the right place at the right time and prepared to work for the going rate.

We spend fast sums of money providing public services to immigrants, which could be spent on educating and training the British to a higher standard.

Again numbers please? If we spend £1 on public services for immigrants, and immigrants generate £2 for the Exchequor your argument is immediately flawed.

There is little point in employing a polish cleaner when the tax they pay isn’t enough to fund the unemployed British person that should be doing the cleaning.

Well compel the British person to work for the same wage and do as good a job for the customer.

The disposable income of many immigrant workers is sent abroad so doesn’t benefit the British, an unemployed British worker doing that job would spend their disposable income in Britain.

What about Brits working abroad and sending money back here?

The increase in population due to immigration has increased living costs here, higher housing costs, fewer people would lower living costs which would leave people with more disposable income.

You fail to factor in how immigrant labour has (helped) make Britain competitive, innovative and cost effective.

As others have said, they still have to pay tax here, buy food accommodation etc etc.
For the majority the tax they pay doesn't cover the cost of the services they use nor does it cover the cost of the unemployed British persons benifits.

You also fail to appreciate that British workers abroad do the exact same thing and they're generally in highly skilled jobs so the revenue they send out of their country of work BACK to the UK will be much higher.

No, on the contrary I do appreciate that, but for the most part British migrants are benefiting the country they move to whilst the majority of immigrants serve no benefit to the UK. If we stopped Immigration and every other country stopped the British working abroad, which they won’t, It would benefit the UK and disadvantage the other countries.

Really? Have they considered taking their skills abroad? There are many countries who pay handsomely for British trained health workers.

Not that I know of, they want to work in the UK which isn't an unreasonable expectation, after all they are British.

Archived