It looks like the BNP are right after all

White British minority - do you care?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. White British minority - do you care?

Mod Note

Posts removed for bickering, and discussing the moderation of users.

As you seem to be arguing in circles then consider this a last warning.

Discuss the issue without personal attacks or the thread will be closed.

No, on the contrary I do appreciate that, but for the most part British migrants are benefiting the country they move to whilst the majority of immigrants serve no benefit to the UK.
Again if you form an opinion based on a false assumption then that opinion must be true no matter how ridiculous.

Let's try one of my own "Im hung like a donkey, good job the gritters were out last night". ;)

Anyway, let's not stray from the facts, here's the Lords report on the effect of immigration on the UK http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld200708/ldselect/ldeconaf/82/82.pdf

If we stopped Immigration and every other country stopped the British working abroad, which they won’t, It would benefit the UK and disadvantage the other countries. UK

It would certainly benefit the UK if Brits came back to work here, but not sure why you believe it would benefit the UK if immigration was stopped, we'd suddenly become spectacularly uncompetitive on the global stage.

Incidentally, you should remember that a large majority of Brits abroad are retirees, imagine the costs to the NHS and other social services if they all returned home..oh crikey, we'd need immigrants to shore it up and a lottery win to pay for it.

You're an intelligent person. Work it out for yourself. :)

I already did and it isn’t relevant, you have taken my post completely out of context for some reason only known to you.

---------- Post added 21-01-2013 at 13:45 ----------

Anyway, let's not stray from the facts, here's the Lords report on the effect of immigration on the UK http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld200708/ldselect/ldeconaf/82/82.pdf

As I have been saying, the benefits don't out way the disadvantages, we would have been better off with no immigration; all immigration achieved was an increase in population.

1 April 2008

Record levels of immigration have had "little or no impact" on the economic well-being of Britons, an influential House of Lords committee has said.

It says competition from immigrants has had a negative impact on the low paid and training for young UK workers, and has contributed to high house prices.

The available evidence suggests that immigration has had a small negative impact on the lowest-paid workers in the UK and a small positive impact on the earnings of higher-paid workers

It would certainly benefit the UK if Brits came back to work here, but not sure why you believe it would benefit the UK if immigration was stopped, we'd suddenly become spectacularly uncompetitive on the global stage.

I haven’t said immigration should be stopped, but net immigration should be zero, or negative because England is one of the most densely populated countries in the world.

England has become the most crowded major nation in Europe, official figures have revealed.

Incidentally, you should remember that a large majority of Brits abroad are retirees, imagine the costs to the NHS and other social services if they all returned home..oh crikey, we'd need immigrants to shore it up and a lottery win to pay for it.

I think you will find that many come back once they need health care. The best part of their retirement is spent in the sun and once they are in need health care they come back. So we don’t benefit from their spending power but we still have the burden of them when they can no longer care for themselves.

As I have been saying, the benefits don't out way the disadvantages, we would have been better off with no immigration; all immigration achieved was an increase in population.

1 April 2008

Record levels of immigration have had "little or no impact" on the economic well-being of Britons, an influential House of Lords committee has said.

It says competition from immigrants has had a negative impact on the low paid and training for young UK workers, and has contributed to high house prices.

The available evidence suggests that immigration has had a small negative impact on the lowest-paid workers in the UK and a small positive impact on the earnings of higher-paid workers

It's not quite the hellfire & brimstone scenario though is it? Besides which, the report focusses on the economic impact, not the social ones or cultural ones. You can imagine what would happen if all those British doctors who are fleeing the UK as highlighted in the link Swami posted weren't being replaced by foreign ones-just as an example.

I think you will find that many come back once they need health care. The best part of their retirement is spent in the sun and once they are in need health care they come back. So we don’t benefit from their spending power but we still have the burden of them when they can no longer care for themselves.

That's my point, don't you think they rather aggravate the problem?!!

It's not quite the hellfire & brimstone scenario though is it? Besides which, the report focusses on the economic impact, not the social ones or cultural ones. You can imagine what would happen if all those British doctors who are fleeing the UK as highlighted in the link Swami posted weren't being replaced by foreign ones-just as an example.

No one has said it is a hellfire & brimstone scenario and the social impacts are worse than the economic impacts because immigration adversely affects the poorest members of our society whilst only benefiting the wealthy. The doctors wouldn’t flee because we would have an incentive to retain them if we didn’t have the opportunity to exploit doctors trained abroad.

That's my point, don't you think they rather aggravate the problem?!!

What point and what problem?

it is a question of Space not Race. All the pros and cons, all the tit for tat on here won't alter the fact that we are a small island. We have terrible problems at present coping with those already here. Why do some people want us to be swamped out and all living on top of each other? Our vital services are already under pressure.

People with strong political views can never seem to answer the lack of Space issues..

Yes and I bet they are not alone,its just not right.:(

You still haven't answered that question about why white skin is so important for you southcoast. Are you going to answer it now?

You see, in the context of the question I think it's rather important.

You still haven't answered that question about why white skin is so important for you southcoast. Are you going to answer it now?

You see, in the context of the question I think it's rather important.

Being white allows my body to create ample vitamin D by utilising the low amount of sunshine that the UK enjoys, whilst 90% of the black and Asian people living in the UK are affected by vitamin D deficiency. ;)

Being white allows my body to create ample vitamin D by utilising the low amount of sunshine that the UK enjoys, whilst 90% of the black and Asian people living in the UK are affected by vitamin D deficiency. ;)

Ha ha, very witty.

I keep coming back to this point as it's somewhat crucial to the discussion, but people (southcoast in particular) seem to be avoiding it.

People with strong political views can never seem to answer the lack of Space issues..

Lack of space? Only 2.27% of England's land is built on. That includes a lot of brownfield sites that could be turned into housing, schools, etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18623096

Whether it would be desitable to keep building is another argument but there is no shortage of space.

Archived