Ever caught a burglar?

Pkingy

I have never caught a burglar, but all the "precautions" are in place for such an eventuality. Remember that the weapons used should only be ones that you would normally have in your house and you should be fine. The stomach is a good place to attack as it does not bruise .

Always claim that they attacked you and that you acted in self defence. Any jury will always believe you rather than scum.;)

You seem to have thought a lot about this. I'm not sure that getting "mediaeval" on a burglar is currently classed as reasonable force - but I think the Government are changing the law - so you'll probably be ok.

Anyone else have revenge fantasies?

My daughter, a nurse, worked nights (for "efficiency" the hospital authorities have closed some units, and shoved things round, so she works days now). She was awoken mid afternoon by the sound of breaking glass, and ran out to her kitchen with a broom. A young man attacking the French window stared at her, and took off at high speed. She said, with hair awry and broom in hand, she must have looked like the Wicked Witch of Woonona!*

Now she has two large Labradors, very good with family, but I don't think they will stand still for intruders!

* BTW, for non- NSW folk, it's pronounced Wunooona, accent on the Wu

Dont blame the burglar blame the system. why do they need to burgle?

Some misguided people can create justification for any crime if they want .. so well done your attitude must reassuring for the victims of crime. You should work in Victim Support.

I once caught a thief in the act of trying to break into a neighbour's car. I didn't debate his justification I just got him in a strangle hold with his arm up his back, dragged him into the open, shoved his face into the ground and sat on him until the police arrived and arrested him.

I never found out why he did it but I imagine he was able to think about it in the cell and come up with his own justification

If you're not satisfied with the police response remember we have an elected police commissioner.

His job is to stay elected. He can fire the chief constable whose job it is to keep his job.

If the police commissioner gets enough complaints about the police it might dawn on him that he wont get re-elected, so he may be inclined to threaten to fire the chief constable, who may then just pull his finger out.

I have been burgled, I hung on to the burglar, the police made him give the stuff back and let him off. Burglar Bill (not his real name) thought it was a huge joke.

I bet if I nicked a Mars Bar from Tesco I'd be up in front of the Magistrate the next day!

Yes!

Many years ago I heard noises next door and I knew that she was out, not sure what I was thinking actually but I grabbed my dog which I knew would bark and went round.

I found someone breaking in the door, I told him I didn't want to know who he was or what he was doing but advised him to leave as I was now going home to call the police...he left pretty quickly.

My Neighbour was so grateful at the time, but not enough it seems as a couple of years later she went off with my husband :suspect:

Not to worry, you see I did her a favor and unwittingly she did me one :hihi:

If you're not satisfied with the police response remember we have an elected police commissioner.

His job is to stay elected. He can fire the chief constable whose job it is to keep his job.

If the police commissioner gets enough complaints about the police it might dawn on him that he wont get re-elected, so he may be inclined to threaten to fire the chief constable, who may then just pull his finger out.

Alas our crime commissioner is Labour, so his party would use rising crime as a stick to beat the coalition for their 20% cuts to policing.

Archived