Eating out in Prague

It's been commented on before and I will do it again

BEWARE OF PICKPOCKETS !

Watch out for folks coming and sitting close to you

Watch out for groups of lads gathering around you on such as the tram or in a restaurant

Don't carry credit cards and your passport, carry just enough cash for your daily requirement

It's a beautiful city, wish I was coming with you !

• 1 month later...
It's been commented on before and I will do it again

It's a beautiful city, wish I was coming with you !

Yes this is a very beautiful city, I wish I was coming too! You must try the Mlynec Restaurant, its in a beautiful location next to the river.

hope you have a great time.

Yes I echo what others have said food was very good value, they eat a lot of stews with dumplings. Pickpockets are a hazard, so beware! Also there are lots of young men in groups hanging around the main thoroughfare asking passers by if they want to go to "titty bar" - ignore them.

Be sure to take a long walk upto the historic castle and parliament, you're guaranteed breathtaking views and staggering architecture (don't do it your stilettos)!

Oh yes, and if you use the metro system there are guards wandering around to make sure you've got your ticket, so make sure you've got yours, hefty fines if caught out!

Ooh yes pack your thermals - it'll be cold

Hi All

I'm considering a short break in Prague (or somewhere similar) around Feb/March time. Does anyone know how much it costs to eat out? If you have any other tips/recommendations they would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Me & the wife went a few years ago & loved it, but there are 2 Prague's you step from like the new into the beautiful old one, and trust me its gorgeous. It has Irish bars and you'll pay not far short of what you do over here, but there are like little houses so to speak, and they are bars no bigger than a living room.

The atmosphere is great & you don't get ripped off.

Lovely city...just avoid the restaurant advertising 'hot floaters'. We assumed something had been lost in translation, but steered clear even so.

:gag: that sounds like something as a result of a particularly hot curry. :gag:

Archived