Vigilante justice

Something about the story doesn't add up to me. What exactly were the circumstances between the alleger and the victim?

She claimed rape, but it was investigated and was found not to be rape (was it something else then - sexual assault?) , so the case was dropped.

It reads to me like it was dropped because of a technicality of wording.

The wording of that bit is quite strange actually.

Mr Denison said two years before Alice Hall had made a complaint to the police about the victim.

"She initially claimed that he had raped her.

"But when what she was saying was examined more closely by the police it was clear that she was not in fact saying he had raped her and no further action was taken."

It makes it sound like she simply used confusing language, but that doesn't really make a lot of sense.

It reads to me like it was dropped because of a technicality of wording.

That's what I thought as well, the full information has obviously been left out to make the headline relate to the alleged rape - either way it leads me to believe that the murder wasn't a direct result of the complaint made against him. Very strange indeed.

• 1 month later...

Archived