Strimmer and Blower stolen from Lady Oak Way, Rotherham

My son has had a Stihl backpack blower and a strimmer stolen from the back of his truck whilst doing a gardening job at Lady Oak Way, Rotherham just over any hour ago. Has anyone seen anything or can give any information at all about the incident? The machinery was very expensive and he needs it to carry on with his small gardening business. It is so annoying as he's worked hard to afford the machinery in the first place.

He's got serial number for one of the items as he only bought it last year.

It's probably worth ringing Broadfield Mowers with the serial number as they do buy some second hand kit (not aware of any other local stihl dealers that do) just in case it gets offered to them. I'd also set up an ebay alert for the kit so you can see if it gets listed on there (there were a couple of stihl backpack blowers listed this evening on there).

Hope your lad manages to get his kit back and the thieving scumbags get caught, though fat chance of that sadly.

It's probably worth ringing Broadfield Mowers with the serial number as they do buy some second hand kit (not aware of any other local stihl dealers that do) just in case it gets offered to them. I'd also set up an ebay alert for the kit so you can see if it gets listed on there (there were a couple of stihl backpack blowers listed this evening on there).

Hope your lad manages to get his kit back and the thieving scumbags get caught, though fat chance of that sadly.

good advice

I hope your son gets his equipment back

After the theft of my son's gardening equipment yesterday I would just like to say to any tradesmen/gardeners, particularly those working in East Herringthorpe (Lady Oak Way area), to be on the look out for "thieves" and don't leave any tools or equipment unattended for a minute. That was all it took yesterday.

---------- Post added 16-01-2013 at 12:31 ----------

Good News. The Police have recovered the stolen items for us.!!

Archived