CRB checks/sex lines

I'm not sure, that's why i'm asking. I thought maybe anything that might affect your chance of working with children or for the police force or something like that might come up on your check but i don't know how it works.

As far as I know (not very I admit) it's only a check on any criminal record you have...was the person on the chat line breaking the law? If not I wouldn't have thought it would show up any where...

When going for a job within the police force you're told prior to your interview that it will involve the most exhaustively thorough CRB check, as in not just yourself but everyone you share an address with and your family will be investigated. I was wondering if that would lead to them finding out about that kind of past employment maybe just through the landline and that might hinder the chances of being taken on by them.

---------- Post added 10-01-2013 at 14:21 ----------

But if as you say why would it show up on their checks anyway because it's not illegal then i suppose you're right.

It's not illegal is it? So why would it show on a CRIMINAL Records Bureau check?

An enhanced CRB check will show any relevant info that police have on file about a person. That isn't necessarily limited to criminal activity.

In this case, I doubt that the police will keep a list of sex line workers. Not for professional purposes anyway:)

Archived