Why did you join Sheffield Forum?

Guest sibon

It's a funny place SF. Full of all sorts of people, from all walks of life. Some who post daily, some who flit in and out.

Im curious, why are you a member? What attracted you? Why do you keep on coming back?

I joined around the time of the flood in 2007. That was IMO, the forum's finest hour. People organising help and supplies for those in need. Lots and lots of brilliant information sharing.

I still like the place. It makes me laugh, frustrates me, challenges me and educates me. I like quite a few of the people who post here too.

Over to you...

I found the forum on Google. I was doing a specific history search and a result came up pointing to a thread here. the rest is history. ;)

---------- Post added 10-01-2013 at 18:22 ----------

i was googling for an old kids tv show and one of the results was the history section on SF, found the history section interesting and the rest they say IS HISTORY

Haha, great minds. :hihi:

My friends sister was really badly assaulted. I was speaking to another friend about it and she suggested joining and asking on here if anyone had seen anything.

Ive got to be honest Id never heard of the forum before then, but Ive been hooked ever since.

A friend told me about it, said it was the font of all wisdom and had the answers to everything. I first posted 10/10/05 about fireworks.

I remember telling my friend that I'd registered and was pleased as punch when I'd done my tenth post. I remember the shock of receiving my first PM and wondering who this stranger was asking me about long johns (it was shoeshine), and I remember the first time I went out and met people in the flesh.

It was all very exciting :)

I seem to remember (I might be wrong), I wanted to sell something fairly trivial. I couldn't understand why I couldn't post a classified ad straight away! I seem to remember asking why (which got my post count up, before I realised, that's what's required)

I'd say mainly for the chicks and glamour but that hasnt really panned out like that ;););)

I originally looked around to see if I could promote the business, but instead registered anonymously so I can sling unsubstantiated arguments about. That said, I learnt lots on here about local businesses and loads of other stuff. I'm a laxed member in few other single subject forums and the same threads (or variations of them ) get a bit boring. SF suffers from that a bit but not a patch on others.

I can't remember how I stumbled in, but I do know it ws a few months between joining and first posting

I use this forum to share information, mostly contributing it, but sometimes asking for it

I can't believe I've been here longer than Mel!

Archived