Why did you join Sheffield Forum?

Guest sibon

OH was one of the very first moderators on the brand new Forum& told me how brilliant the Forum was. I wouldn't have anything to do with it, as it was "his" thing. One day I looked over his shoulder & read a post from Basil Rathbon on a thread where we had to guess countries from clues. I was completely hooked.

Then went with OH on a Forum meet & met Kristian, Meeks, Medusa, Sian, Purdy Amos, Medusa and other lovely people & have just somehow stayed. Although there are times when I've sworn I'll never get involved in another debate, but there has always been something worth while reading & discussing.

Soon after moving to Sheffield I was looking for information and general trivia about the place and begun reading all of your posts and found it quite informative and interesting for a non-native.

Although I don't post too often it has developed into a bit of a habit and has cost me hours of what should have been productive work time, just because I don't want to miss anything.

I can't remember how I stumbled in, but I do know it ws a few months between joining and first posting

I use this forum to share information, mostly contributing it, but sometimes asking for it

I can't believe I've been here longer than Mel!

fraid so....a whole year :P

i just talk more crap lol

Great thread, sibon :)

I was missing my daily dose of Boards.ie after coming back to the UK in August'08, and accessorily looking for a 'local' forum with a Classifieds section.

Didn't take me long at all to find SF and, although it's nowhere near as varied in content and topics as Boards ( where I still lurk and occasionally post ), it is one of those very rare web forums which has that quasi-compulsive friendly banter, and seldom really angry words between dissenting posters. It's fun, helpful, cheeky, sometimes out there, and a great 'life resource'.

It reminds me online every day, why I fell in love with the place and its people all those years ago, and still to this day :)

Archived