Babies ear piercing.

So far nobody has defended piercing babies's ears.

I agree with everyone else who has posted so far; it's barbaric.

But if nobody disagrees this discussion will grind to a halt.

Perhaps I will start those five other threads after all as this thread is going nowhere!

I'm afraid that I also agree that the piercing of babies and young childrens ears should be classed as child abuse and banned.

For many many years I've thought this and I've never been able to understand just why any parent would inflict such pain on their baby! I also wonder how they would feel if the baby accidentally ripped the earing out.

My 10 month old grandaughter is teething and as a result is allways pulling at her ears.........I shudder to think what might happen if her ears had been pierced!

The only reason that I can think of for any parent to subject their baby to such an ordeal is for their own vanity and because they view their baby as a fashion accessory!

Only one of my two daughters wanted their ears piercing and that one was 14+ before she decided to go ahead with it. She suffered from severe allergic reactions to whatever sort of earings she tried to wear so that was a waste of money.

Do I have mine pierced? Not flippin likely.lol. I'll wear the other sort of rings......the ones with diamonds in which fit very nicely on my fingers. :hihi:

Hygiene, and in some cases it can be too tight and cause further problems so has to be removed. Can't think of a single case where ear piercing has enhanced someones health.

Some hundreds of years ago, sailors had their ears pierced because they had a superstition that piercing their ears gave them clearer sight...

More than a bit weird, eh? Along the lines of "I want to hear better, so I'll just chop off my little finger..."

Archived