Tracing my family history

Well on my Grandad side I have got back to the year 20. It was brilliant. I found I am descended from one of the Pendle Witches. Also Royalty ,mind you I know a great many of us are . It is so addictive , but you are right , very time consuming.

Year 20!!! Bloody hell, I've got centuries to go lol Honest? All from ancestry.co.uk?

So your brother doesn't mind that you are descended from a witch, but hates to think he has american ancestors ... that's so funny!

I signed up for the free trial and milked it for all I could but, unfortunately, didn't get very far.

Briefly I considered paying someone but it's a bit too expensive.

Some public libraries allow you to use Ancestry free of charge.

There is usually a time restriction of one hour but sometimes this can be extended.

Paying someone else might be ok for some, but for me the fun is in finding the information myself.

With patience and luck, even the biggest wall can be breached eventually.

I have just found that one of my ancestors Richard Revell features in a series of books by Bernard Knight, so I have just ordered the first one to see how they portray him.

Well on my Grandad side I have got back to the year 20. It was brilliant. I found I am descended from one of the Pendle Witches. Also Royalty ,mind you I know a great many of us are . It is so addictive , but you are right , very time consuming.

How did you manage that..I've got as far back as 1450 and things have now stalled...which year 20 are you talking about..20AD?

Archived