Just thought I'd share my experience - prescription painkillers.

I understand that today on BBC Radio Sheffield they will be shortly talking about the subject of prescription painkillers that can be addictive, might be worth a listen for some of the posters on this thread!

Hi Twirler

I honestly thought that was you on their (Radio Sheffield), How are you know?

Have been reading your post with interest.

It was me :-)

I am feeling much better, it took a good month before my sleeping pattern was back to normal but 6-7 weeks on and I am feeling great. BBC Radio Sheffield got in touch with me after seeing this thread so I accepted the offer to go on.

There was some good common sense on the discussion about how the instructions have loads about the normal side effects but nothing about what to expect when your body becomes dependent on them.

Glad that my posts can help others in the same situation to be honest, because withdrawal really is hard.

Hi Twirler

I have to say i admire you for getting off the pills it is very hard work, i have stopped taking them just to see how i felt, both Tramadol and DHC and it's not a pleasant experience to say the least, the amount some people take is horrendous.

All the Best Twirler.kidley

Archived