Letter from DVLA re offence??

Has anyone ever had a letter from the DVLA directly saying that they have recorded an offence committed and need your license for endorsement???

My friend has just received one of these letters regarding an alleged offence on 19th Dec. I said Ive never heard of DVLA sending letters for anything like this, I always get pink South Yorkshire Police stationery!! :hihi:

I've never heard of it either, sounds like a con to me. It is not in there remit to issue fines etc. at least it wasn't the last time I heard, but with ever increasing power given to fewer and fewer people who knows. Hope you don't own your house, the next thing you know, you'll be sharing.

Phone them up, quoting the ref. No on the letter you have, that way you will find out if it's gen. and what they want.

It's very annoying that the onus is put on us, ie phone this number, or write to this address. It all costs ME money and I don't do as asked - Sod um!

I've never heard of it either, sounds like a con to me. It is not in there remit to issue fines etc. at least it wasn't the last time I heard, but with ever increasing power given to fewer and fewer people who knows. Hope you don't own your house, the next thing you know, you'll be sharing.

Phone them up, quoting the ref. No on the letter you have, that way you will find out if it's gen. and what they want.

It's very annoying that the onus is put on us, ie phone this number, or write to this address. It all costs ME money and I don't do as asked - Sod um!

Yet your name is I try to please ......

Thanks guys for your replies. Thankfully its not me who has this letter, its my friends fiance. The only thing Ive managed to fathom is that his license is still registered to his parents, yet he moved out of there 7 yrs ago and his car is registered at his home now. Its an offence to not inform DVLA of a change of circumstance so perhaps they pulled him on it. Although I dont understand the reference to 19th December... yet .... I shall keep you informed when he calls them... intriguing...

Sounds strange but you can always contact them to confirm

Driver Licensing Enquiries

Telephone: 0300 790 6801

Textphone: 0300 123 1278

Fax: 0300 123 0784

Fax from outside the UK: +44 (0)1792 786 369

Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm

Saturday, 8am to 2pm

Does it point you to some website to pay the fine, or a weird address to post a cheque to (thats not swansea)?

Ive no idea - its my friends fiance and the letter is at his parents. I shall be very interested to see what it is when he goes to fetch the letter and calls DVLA... I shall let you know!!!

Archived