Old Vicarage Restaurant Ridgeway - Still the best in Sheffield?

Gone4good

It doesn't sound like you've ever eaten there.

Ok you have eaten there big deal, so why do you have to ask if it is the best or are you just promoting the place.The last meal i had out was very nice well cooked and tasty at a well known pub in worrall, don't have to ask if it the best in Sheffield and don't really care if it is or it isn't.

I am not promoting it, I am trying to find out if there is more than this one single restaurant in the whole of Sheffield worthy of a Michelin star, as I would then like to visit it. I am not talking about shepherds pie and a pint in your local pub.

google will tell you in seconds where all the Michelin restaurants are , i don't think Sheffielders are daft enough to fall for overpriced Michelin fare thats why there is only one, one star joint .Try the "shoulder of mutton" for a lovely well cooked meal esp.steak that is cooked just how you order it ,or is it too down market for a food expert/snob/critic.

To say any restaurant is the best you would have had to visit every other one not very likely.

This is a pet hate of mine.

When someone askes what's the best Chinese, Indian, Fish and Chip Shop etc., nobody can really answer because:

1. I doubt anybody has tried them all and

2. The best is subjective.

The question should really be either:

1. What's your favourite Chinese/Italian/Indian restaurant or

2. Is the Vicarage food still good?

Regards

Doom

Dunno, let's hear from someone who has been to the restaurant.

If I was to visit a Michelin starred restauraunt near Sheffield I would choose Fischers at Baslow Hall as I like the sound of their food better and it sounds less stuffy than the Old Vicarage.

Dunno, let's hear from someone who has been to the restaurant.

If I was to visit a Michelin starred restauraunt near Sheffield I would choose Fischers at Baslow Hall as I like the sound of their food better and it sounds less stuffy than the Old Vicarage.

"I've never eaten in a fine restaurant but feel qualified to offer the opinion that restaurant B sounds better than restaurant A.

Thanks. That's really helpful.

Archived