Let's get Sheffield off the Sofa! Trans Pennine Challenge

Get fit without the expense of the gym!

Just sharing some info about a great new event crossing The Pennines to raise money for a great charity thehungerproject dot org dot uk (they train millions of people to end their own hunger themselves by investing in agriculture, water, education, health training - they even train communities to build their own schools).

The Trans Pennine Challenge is open to everyone (You don't need to be a seasoned walker or runner) and starts on the 22nd June and you can walk or run the route from Manchester to Sheffield across the Pennines.

Check out the site (thehungerproject dot org dot uk) to learn more and read the entry faqs.

http://www.thehungerproject.co.uk/getinvolved/trans-pennine-challenge-50km-100km-manchester-sheffield/

I am thinking of taking on the 50km distance as a walker (finishes in Penistone) but you can walk 100km or if you're mad you can run the 2.5 marathon distance as an Ultra Marathon from the start at Didsbury, South Manchester up and over The Pennines and finish at the Don Valley stadium in Sheffield.

They are expecting more than a 1000 walkers and runners... it is the perfect challenge to get your 2013 fitness regime underway and raise loads of money to end hunger sustainably.

You will need to get out and train! Walkers will need to pound the streets up to half distance by June and of course you will be raising money for a fantastic cause.

Nervous? need a little reassurance - I did a 100k walk last year and only started training in January with absolutely no experience. Just email your contact details or queries and I'll happily get in touch.

mark.speirs@thp.org

Archived