Do You Think Religious People Are Slightly Strange?

So, you are sat with a circle of friends and a few peeps wearing sandals that you don't know. The conversation is flowing along with the beers. Then, one of the grope says this 'But Jesus told us that sufferance is . . . . ' and the whole evening is ruined. Tumbleweed all over the shop.

Do you avoid Jesus types?

It's hard to avoid Jesus types as there can often be no outward signs. Anyone who informs me that they have a personal relationship with their creator is going to get sidelined by me.

That's so very true Karl. Some look like normal law breakers - and then sprout the 'Jesus' line. It's quite unsettling.

That's so very true Karl. Some look like normal law breakers - and then sprout the 'Jesus' line. It's quite unsettling.

What is a normal 'law breaker' and what does that have to do with religion? By the way why do you assume I am a 'Karl'? I prefer Groucho.

What is a normal 'law breaker' and what does that have to do with religion? By the way why do you assume I am a 'Karl'? I prefer Groucho.

'God peeps' never break the law - it's against their religion. I jay walked today and felt FANTASTIC doing so. Sorry Groucho :hihi:

---------- Post added 12-01-2013 at 20:21 ----------

Maybe God is a bit lazy, and left a list of chores for people to do and that, while he is on holiday?

I dispute this 'he' business. He could be a peptile.

Do you avoid Jesus types?

They avoid me! Given the opportunity, I tend to leave the faith of those foolish enough to come anywhere near me shattered into tiny little pieces around their feet amidst the tears they then shed for all the wasted years during which they tried to visualise the world through their thick mental fog.

It takes a few years for them to get over it, but they're usually grateful. :)

They avoid me! Given the opportunity, I tend to leave the faith of those foolish enough to come anywhere near me shattered into tiny little pieces around their feet amidst the tears they then shed for all the wasted years during which they tried to visualise the world through their thick mental fog.

It takes a few years for them to get over it, but they're usually grateful. :)

Stop kidding yourself, you aint that bright. If you need religion, fine. If you dont then stop knocking it. People decide for themselves.

An atheist is more boring than any believer.

Archived