Do You Think Religious People Are Slightly Strange?

They avoid me! Given the opportunity, I tend to leave the faith of those foolish enough to come anywhere near me shattered into tiny little pieces around their feet amidst the tears they then shed for all the wasted years during which they tried to visualise the world through their thick mental fog.

It takes a few years for them to get over it, but they're usually grateful. :)

No you don't. People will cling on to their faith for dear life. Several people have said to me that they would still believe even if I could prove their god was not real or a complete bastardo.

No you don't. People will cling on to their faith for dear life. Several people have said to me that they would still believe even if I could prove their god was not real or a complete bastardo.
Some, a minority perhaps, want to be rid of it. I have helped a few of those. On two occasions I had to be rather blunt, but sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

---------- Post added 12-01-2013 at 23:03 ----------

Stop kidding yourself, you aint that bright. If you need religion, fine. If you dont then stop knocking it. People decide for themselves.
Most are indoctrinated, so that's not true.

An atheist is more boring than any believer.
From a psychiatrist's point of view, that is very probably true.

I'm atheist, but if people are believers (in any faith or deity) then who am I to tell them that my way of life is right and theirs is wrong? They make their own minds up and as long as they respect my choices and aren't being detrimental to others in the way they go about marking their faith then I have no problem with them.

I sit next to a Catholic at work. I'm occasionally guilty of making atheist comments but she never complains. She knows that I and others in our team don't believe and although I knew she was a left footer it was only last week I found she believed in transubstantiation and ate the body of Christ....but I still respect her as a person and a colleague so I won't go to work wearing a "Pope is a Paedo" t-shirt.

She's never tried to convert me, so I won't try and convert her.

but you can't prove that there isn't a creator though

And you can't prove zombies don't exist or flying spaghetti monsters. But if someone asked you for a job and said they believed in flying spaghetti monsters and zombies would you employ them or would you think they were bonkers hatstand?

And you can't prove zombies don't exist or flying spaghetti monsters. But if someone asked you for a job and said they believed in flying spaghetti monsters and zombies would you employ them or would you think they were bonkers hatstand?

compared to some of the people i've worked with in the past then such beliefs would be comparatively normal

Archived