Do You Think Religious People Are Slightly Strange?

So, you are sat with a circle of friends and a few peeps wearing sandals that you don't know. The conversation is flowing along with the beers. Then, one of the grope says this 'But Jesus told us that sufferance is . . . . ' and the whole evening is ruined. Tumbleweed all over the shop.

Do you avoid Jesus types?

One of the grope? :hihi::hihi: You are so funny your eminence. Personally I avoid people dressed as onions who drive Ladas.

Yes of course religious folk are weird and most should be sectioned, anyone who thinks that in the name of their god they should fly planes into buildings, stone women for driving a car or adultery, attack women at abortion clinics and kill men for potting brown are not just weird but are also mentally imbalanced.

So, you are sat with a circle of friends and a few peeps wearing sandals that you don't know. The conversation is flowing along with the beers. Then, one of the grope says this 'But Jesus told us that sufferance is . . . . ' and the whole evening is ruined. Tumbleweed all over the shop.

Do you avoid Jesus types?

And if one of the sandal wearers approached you looking like this with a once in a lifetime offer..

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-22jAIYGpbzE/TevC6j0dNkI/AAAAAAAAAGE/5Yoa0-mJr1s/s1600/ISOBEL-0182-0187-MAW-as-seen-in-elleV2-789779.jpg

..just trying to understand your boundaries like..

but you can't prove that there isn't a creator though

I can't prove there aren't lots of things. Why should I have to? I'm not making the assertion that 'Jesus loves me but if I don't love him back the right way, I am going to burn in hell for eternity'.

An atheist is more boring than any believer.

Now that would make a great signature:D

If they don't believe then why spend so much time knocking it?

Religion has a massive amount of power and influence on society, a lot of it malign. As an atheist am I not allowed to criticise child abuse by Catholics because I don't believe in Christ? I support abortion and gay marriage so can I not do so in case I upset some bigots who I'm not supposed to upset because I have no faith? Are only people with faith allowed to criticise other people with faith?

I knock religion because religion generally is a malign influence on society. Fortunately it's also an increasingly irrelevant influence.

Religions also knock each other a lot even though they don't believe in each other. Are they allowed to do that but atheists not? You're not doing religion's reputation of intolerance any good by aguing that people without faith can't criticise religion.

Archived