First Bus Company need to learn how to run a bus service

It's about time First Bus Company learnt how to run a bus service. On Saturday evening (12/01/13) I was due to meet a friend in the city centre at 7.00pm, so I made my way to Herdings bus terminal at 6.25pm to catch the 6.31pm bus. Unfortunately the bus never arrived at the terminal.

At 6.45pm a number 48 bus arrived at the terminal. As I tried to enter the bus the driver informed me the bus was now 'Out of service'. This bus left the terminal at 6.50pm, but the bus stop timetable stated this bus wasn't due to leave until 7.01pm.

At 7.15pm another number 48 bus arrived at the terminal and again I was told by th driver the bus was now 'out of service'. This bus left the terminal at 7.20pm, but the bus stop timetable stated it wasn't due to leave until 7.31pm.

At 7.45pm another number 48 bus arrived at the terminal, luckily I was allowed to get on this bus. I asked the driver what time he would be leaving the terminal. The driver replied; ''7.50pm''.

I asked the driver if he could explain his reason for leaving the terminal at 7.50pm when the bus timetable stated he wasn't due to leave until 8.01pm.

The driver explained he was going by his timesheet. He showed me the timesheet and quite clearly it stated he had to leave the terminal at 7.50pm. After I told the driver about the previous two buses leaving the terminal ten minutes too early the driver laughed and said; ''Yes, they'd be going by their timesheet like me''.

The problem is obviously clear now, the bus drivers' timesheets and the bus stop timetables do ''NOT'' match each other and this is why people stand ages waiting for a bus to arrive.

When you think of how many bus stops there is in the city of Sheffield it must cost the First Bus Company a huge amount of money to have all the timetables printed. All that money wasted because the bus company haven't had the common sense to make sure the timetables match their drivers' timesheets.

I bet a group of young children could run the bus service better!

As a number of people have said the timetables printed at bus stops are done by South Yorkshire PTE.

This is Sheffield, and if anyone thinks that buses run to the timetables printed on the bus stops then the men in the white van should come and take them away now.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

It's about time First Bus Company learnt how to run a bus service. On Saturday evening (12/01/13) I was due to meet a friend in the city centre at 7.00pm, so I made my way to Herdings bus terminal at 6.25pm to catch the 6.31pm bus. Unfortunately the bus never arrived at the terminal.

At 6.45pm a number 48 bus arrived at the terminal. As I tried to enter the bus the driver informed me the bus was now 'Out of service'. This bus left the terminal at 6.50pm, but the bus stop timetable stated this bus wasn't due to leave until 7.01pm.

At 7.15pm another number 48 bus arrived at the terminal and again I was told by th driver the bus was now 'out of service'. This bus left the terminal at 7.20pm, but the bus stop timetable stated it wasn't due to leave until 7.31pm.

At 7.45pm another number 48 bus arrived at the terminal, luckily I was allowed to get on this bus. I asked the driver what time he would be leaving the terminal. The driver replied; ''7.50pm''.

I asked the driver if he could explain his reason for leaving the terminal at 7.50pm when the bus timetable stated he wasn't due to leave until 8.01pm.

The driver explained he was going by his timesheet. He showed me the timesheet and quite clearly it stated he had to leave the terminal at 7.50pm. After I told the driver about the previous two buses leaving the terminal ten minutes too early the driver laughed and said; ''Yes, they'd be going by their timesheet like me''.

The problem is obviously clear now, the bus drivers' timesheets and the bus stop timetables do ''NOT'' match each other and this is why people stand ages waiting for a bus to arrive.

When you think of how many bus stops there is in the city of Sheffield it must cost the First Bus Company a huge amount of money to have all the timetables printed. All that money wasted because the bus company haven't had the common sense to make sure the timetables match their drivers' timesheets.

I bet a group of young children could run the bus service better! :hihi:

Why didn't you just catch the tram into town instead of waiting over an hour for a bus.

I bet a group of young children could run the bus service better! :hihi:

It's another one of those threads... "I bet a group of young children could run the bus service better!" - instead of just talking rubbish on here why don't you complain to First?

The 95 service is a complete joke probably the shortest route in Sheffield but never runs on time. I have complained several times if you go for the one early in the morning that dosen't turn ab d end up having to get a taxi to work First thinj compensation of a free day ticket is okay.

If you were at the terminus and were there for an hour and a half, you'd have seen what, about 5 trams come and go at the Herdings tram stop?

I'm not having a go, the 47/48 route is shocking but if I was you and I could get to the Herdings terminus I'd get the tram as they're almost flawless timewise.

I complained about the route and they offered me a free day saver which I refused. What's the point in a free day saver if they can't get you where you need to be on time?

Archived