Shabby First buses in Sheffield.

I know that, was just saying what people are thinking.

I havent been on a bus for about 13 years and have no intention of getting on one if i can possibly help it.

I have sympathy for those who do use them and have to put up with the oiks swearing and spitting and generally being unpleasant and rude

some of the passangers are like that as well :hihi:

Guest busdriver1
I do not think there are many cities with such hills.possibly Bradford,Bristol and Bath:not Derby ,York and Portsmouth.Outside UK you can include San Fransisco and La Paz,and the ultimate,Denver at 5280'.

So by naming 3 cities that in your opinion do not have hills as steep as sheffield you have proved your point? I think not. I have lived in and visited many places in the uk and can categoriclly state that there are many cities a lot hillier than sheffield.

Try going to Portsmouth and looking inland and what do you see? A clue - its steep and sticks out of the ground and has fields on top of it.:roll:

A lot of the rejects FSY get now have never seen a hill in their life... so nothing has changed ;)

Fascinating to learn that London and Leeds have no hills (unless you know that First are secretly importing buses from Amsterdam?)

Despite the opinions of several on here the hills in Sheffield are no steeper than many other cities and in some cases much more lenient.

It's all part of the mythology of Sheffield - the idea that our geography makes us unique - mainly spouted by people who've never lived in other cities.

I do not think there are many cities with such hills.possibly Bradford,Bristol and Bath:not Derby ,York and Portsmouth.Outside UK you can include San Fransisco and La Paz,and the ultimate,Denver at 5280'.

Bradford, Bristol and Bath all have the majority of their buses provided by First - in fact there are First buses in Sheffield which used to run in those three cities.

Many cities have some hills, yet Sheffielders seem to think that this makes our city unique.

I put it to you sir that the location of that photo was not on the 75 Sheffield Lane Top to Bradway route despite what the destination blind suggested....

Yes Andy, I am well aware of that ;)

It was a publicity shot taken by Volvo and it was apparently taken on the North Circular Road.

So by naming 3 cities that in your opinion do not have hills as steep as sheffield you have proved your point? I think not. I have lived in and visited many places in the uk and can categoriclly state that there are many cities a lot hillier than sheffield.

Try going to Portsmouth and looking inland and what do you see? A clue - its steep and sticks out of the ground and has fields on top of it.:roll:

I suggest London isn't as hilly as Sheffield and thats where the latest crop of 2nd hand deckers came from!

I suggest London isn't as hilly as Sheffield and thats where the latest crop of 2nd hand deckers came from!

The latest batch arriving in Sheffield came from Leeds which has a few hills of its own.

London has some hills too (outside the city centre)

Despite the opinions of several on here the hills in Sheffield are no steeper than many other cities and in some cases much more lenient.

id agree there, cant honestly say that I thought sheffield particularly hilly when i moved here

Outside Portsmouth,off the island we call the area Hampshire so we dont confuse the two.Its like saying Sheffield is in Derbyshire.I trust you have a satnav on your bus given your geographical ability.:hihi:

The latest batch arriving in Sheffield came from Leeds which has a few hills of its own.

London has some hills too (outside the city centre)

I used to cycle all over when I lived in London. The only significant hills I remember were Streatham Hill and the hill going North upto Archway. Cycling in Sheffield, in comparison, is really, really hard work - there are ******g hills everywhere.

Archived