Yet another war we get involved in

I'm no fan of islamist terrorist nutters and the sooner they are all dead the better but do we really need to get involved in every war against them going? Sub saharan Africa has the manpower to wipe them out and stands to loose the most if they win in this theater so why is it always Europeans or Americans that have to do the heavy lifting?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/raf-planes-head-for-mali-as-france-steps-up-assault-on-rebels-8449796.html

Probably because we have technologies they don't. ?

If it was a case of that then fair enough. But the neighbors have pledged only 500 troops each, the French spearhead has that many men on the ground now. If they give us five battalions each then of course spend some money to ensure they win with our superior technology, but we need to stop throwing money at it till they do.

I'm no fan of islamist terrorist nutters and the sooner they are all dead the better but do we really need to get involved in every war against them going? Sub saharan Africa has the manpower to wipe them out and stands to loose the most if they win in this theater so why is it always Europeans or Americans that have to do the heavy lifting?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/raf-planes-head-for-mali-as-france-steps-up-assault-on-rebels-8449796.html

It is because the affluent regions of the world benefit from stability more than poorer regions.Why do you refer to the protagonists as as terrorist nutters?Such remarks are both inflammatory and insulting.

It is because the affluent regions of the world benefit from stability more than poorer regions.Why do you refer to the protagonists as as terrorist nutters?Such remarks are both inflammatory and insulting.

I didn't refer to the protagonists as terrorist nutters. Just the enemy in this particular conflict, who are completely mental islamist terrorist nutters. The French are many things but they are not terrorist nutters.

Because they are terrorist nutters ?? If you can put an argument why the Islamists who are destroying UN heritage sites, recruiting child soldiers, and quite literally raping and pillaging the country aren't terrorist nutters please share.

I'm not that worried about our involvement at the moment - we have aircraft that can carry armoured vehicles, the French don't. We're the equivalent of a man and van.

Archived