Did You Live In Shiregreen?

zoboz111

We moved to Deep Lane in 1958 when I was 10 years old. Coming from the slums of Hillsborough it seemed like Hollywood at the time. I lived there until I married in 1971. The place has really gone to the dogs now, but so has a lot of this country :gag:

I started teaching at Shiregreen Middle School in the late seventies.. Kids include Andy Matthews, Gary Fothergill, Rowding Family, Flint Family, Walches etc Teachers were Pete Inman, Bernard Priest, Gwen Marsden, Mike Mahoney, Jim Friar, Dave Hutton etc.

I have lived in shiregreen all my life.i lived on hartley brook rd and when i had my kids i moved to mason lathe road its a nice place to live we take our kids to the park a lot there is some people who dont look after there houses but there is a lot who do look after there homes. Its a shame about all the idiots who hang around the shops they need to get a life and a job. theres one thing that really gets on my nerves is that when all these young thugs trash things on the shops no one says anything to them ,i do i cant help but say some thing maybe if people stood up to them the estate wouldnt be as bad.

My parents moved to Shirehall Rd. just after the house was built, 1933. Iwas born in 1932, we stayed in Shirehall Rd. until 1940, we then moved to Hatfield House lane, in 1947 we moved to Masters Rd Parson Cross. My memories of those times, even allowing for the trauma of war, were of happy times & a wonderful childhood.

Hi janner, I used to live on the flower estate (bracken rd) left in 1973 when I got married, but my daughter lives on shirehall road has done for the last 7 years I think its 7 could be longer, what number did you live at

ANYONE FROM THE FLOWER ESTATE

it was a good place when I was a lass,left in 1973 when i got married,now live in mallorca,have done for 7 years, but still go back to see our daughter & family twice a year