Did You Live In Shiregreen?

zoboz111

i live in middlesbrough but lived brightside early eighties till late nineties was visiting some one on newman road 2 weeks ago went in shop on corner and other shop over road the area is dark n horrible now litter all over one of shops had lot of asians outside very intimidating

i live in middlesbrough but lived brightside early eighties till late nineties was visiting some one on newman road 2 weeks ago went in shop on corner and other shop over road the area is dark n horrible now litter all over one of shops had lot of asians outside very intimidating

hi my brother lived in newman rd 316...i lived on birdwell rd till 1980

we moved to deep lane in 1958 when i was 10 years old. Coming from the slums of hillsborough it seemed like hollywood at the time. I lived there until i married in 1971. The place has really gone to the dogs now, but so has a lot of this country :gag:

hi did you know the codds,,,harry,,,

hi did you know the codds,,,harry,,,

I don't recall that name at all. Did he live on Deep Lane, if so, perhaps he lived on the even numbers side. The two sides were separated by a ravine and most people on either side were unknown to each other.

I find it's sad that Shiregreen & Parson Cross have become estates with bad names. I lived in Shiregreen in the early 30's to early 40's, Parson Cross 47 to 52. In those days both places were great places to live. I think it's not the estates that are bad it's the people who live on them that makes them what they are. In my life time there have been many changes, unfortunately some not for the best. Maybe, that just after the War there were plenty of jobs around but not now, this must have a bad effect on people & their behaviour.Although I am well past the three score & ten mark, I feel sorry that people today have not had such good times as we had.

did any of your ancestors belong to the ' WINCOBANK CLARION FELLOWSHIP 'which was formed in 1909 .

If you have any photos, documents or recollections about this group of people I would be glad if you would get in touch with me.

My grandparents who were members, were the original tenants of a house on Windmill Lane.I visited and stayed with them during the 30's , 40's and 50's