Did You Live In Shiregreen?

zoboz111

Anyone from my vintage,I lived in Shirehall Rd. from 1932 to 41. Went to Gregg infant school, on a recent visit I noted the main entrance had been bricked up, the gates were still there. Hatfield House Rd lived there from1941 to 47, went to the school , then to Firth Park grammar, the Red Caps. Even though there was a war, they really were good days.

I lived in Wheatfield Cresent from 1939 to 46,then moved to Nethershire Lane until 1960. I went to Hartley Brook Rd infant and junior school. Started in Mrs Fletchers class, sometime after then Miss Neene's, then Mr Jackson's, he was a great teacher, and a lovely man, he took us for the three years pre scholarship.

did any of your ancestors belong to the ' WINCOBANK CLARION FELLOWSHIP 'which was formed in 1909 .

If you have any photos, documents or recollections about this group of people I would be glad if you would get in touch with me.

My grandparents who were members, were the original tenants of a house on Windmill Lane.I visited and stayed with them during the 30's , 40's and 50's

I would be very interested in finding out more about the wincobank clarion fellowship, I ve heard about it. Do you know about it at all?

I lived in Wheatfield Cresent from 1939 to 46,then moved to Nethershire Lane until 1960. I went to Hartley Brook Rd infant and junior school. Started in Mrs Fletchers class, sometime after then Miss Neene's, then Mr Jackson's, he was a great teacher, and a lovely man, he took us for the three years pre scholarship.

When was Wheatfield Crescent actually built, my sister lives there now. I was always under the impression that most of Shiregreen was built just after WWII.

There is a web site which will tell you all about the WINCOBANK CLARION FELLOWSHIP including a LIST of all the MEMBERS if you think that your ancestors belonged to this fellowship.

The web site info. is taken from original documents and photos left to me by my grand parents life long members of the Clarion movement.

This web site can at the moment be accessed by entering the following

in Yahoo (not google) Sheffield clarion movement

then click on the one that reads

'this web site is dedicated to all past Sheffield Clarion members '

This will take you to the opening page where you will find in the bottom right

'Clarion Wincobank 'boots and spurs' fellowship.

Click on this and it will tell you all about them .

I am always trying to trace more information to add to this web site .

To anyone who has documents or photos or information. Any that come into my posession from anyone, will be donated to Sheffield archives when the web site is complete. But should you like to keep them yourselves, perhaps copies could be sent to me ?

When was Wheatfield Crescent actually built, my sister lives there now. I was always under the impression that most of Shiregreen was built just after WWII.

shiregreen was built earlyer than i deliverd milk round there 1944 when i left school

horse an cart went round that area all shiregreen was built then

hope that helps

shiregreen was built earlyer than i deliverd milk round there 1944 when i left school

horse an cart went round that area all shiregreen was built then

hope that helps

If you look on the following web site it will give you the info. about the begining of the Shiregreen/Wincobank estate , which was around the begining of the 1900's . I believe that it was the first council estate built in Sheffield.

http://www.lookingatbuildings.org.uk/wincobank